Stalling Issue?

kboutsider

:
2003 Protege 5
Ok so my car now stalls out when I start it. If I sit with my foot lightly on the gas to keep it at around the idle rpm's it's fine and once I start driving it's fine. The other day I was dropping my GF off at work I shut the car off we said our goodbyes went to start the car and it was dead I had forgotten to turn my fog lights off they were left on a max of 5 mins.

Now a little history, The car sat for a bit during a real cold snap (-20c) with the battery in it. When I went to move it to the garage to work on it the car was stone cold took a few minutes of leaving the booster pack on it before it would start. I'm thinking this maybe a battery issue and to test it all day yesterday I made sure to start the car with my stereo off and the fuse for my amp pulled, and any electrical accessory turned off and didn't have any problems with the car stalling.

I'm going to try a new battery but I'm looking for other opinions.

take it to autozone or any of them places to have it tested. they will tell you if its bad or not. if its not the battery then it could be a fuel problem. when my car did that i found out my fuel lines froze. the car sat out for 2 days prior. if it is that then you might need to add HEET into your fuel

It's progressively getting worse. Now when it isn't stalling out it will only Idle at around 500rpms and idle rough. When I pull away there is no hesitation it's almost like nothing is wrong.

Thanks that actually sounds like my problem to a "tee". I'm going to clean it and see if that fixes it and if it does then I know what I'll be buying next for the car.

Back