SRI Newbie

raboni

I recently installed a Cosmo Racing SRI on my 06 Mazda 3 hatchback. But I'm finding that the idle runs ruff at times (not all the time). I've checked the hose connection and MAF (even cleaned the MAF with the appropriate cleaner) and it still can idle ruff with a bounce in rpms as low as 300. Interesting enough, I reinstalled the oem air box and all runs fine.
I would think that here can't be much difference between the SRIs brands. It comes with a K&N type filter that requires oiling, and I made sure that I didn't over oil.
So, is there a learning period for the ecu to get used to the SRI, and how long does that take?? Any other ideas on what is going on??
Thanx

My guess would be that the ECU is adjsuting for the increased air flow....you should just reset the ECU by dissconnecting the NEG battery terminal for a bit. I think that will fix your problem.

I reset the ecu. From what I've read on various forums, the ecu has a learning or adjustment period. Is that true??

Well that's strange. I could have sworn that I replied to this thread yesterday. I just had a bunch of stuff installed on my Mazda3, including replacing my F2 cold air intake with a Simota SRI with carbon fiber/Kevlar heat shield. On the way home from the shop, my idle was doing exactly what you describe sometimes. However, the last time it did it yesterday, it bounced for a bit, and then stabilized. It seemed like the ECU might have figured out what to do with the new parts. It has not happened since.

Back