Speed 6 top speed... just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinger002

:
2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed6
so i found a closed course for my car to have a mad run at a top speed test and i chickend out before the car did.
and im serious, its a vehicle test track...

im reading however that there is a speed limiter on the speed 6 according to the mazda maniac website... but i never hit one...

anyone know the actual top speed of the speed6?

fyi i hit about 250km/h. (omg) fastest i have ever gone on land.

so i found a closed course for my car to have a mad run at a top speed test and i chickend out before the car did.
and im serious, its a vehicle test track...

im reading however that there is a speed limiter on the speed 6 according to the mazda maniac website... but i never hit one...

anyone know the actual top speed of the speed6?

fyi i hit about 250km/h. (omg) fastest i have ever gone on land.

That's about 155-156mph! I have gone a lil over 150 myself, i don't know if these car's have governor's or not.

I remember some people going 132 in The MSP because of the governor. But yet others have gone 140 in the MSP even with a video. So who really knows
If the MS6 has a governer

my car was stock, and i bitched out. i had another 2 miles ish of closed track.
i bet right as soon as boost tapers the acceleration slowes to a stop.

my car was stock, and i bitched out. i had another 2 miles ish of closed track.
i bet right as soon as boost tapers the acceleration slowes to a stop.

I noticed when i was at 150 my rpms were right at 5900/6000 rpms. So probably yeah after 6K boost drops down to about 4-6psi.

i noticed the 150-200km/h climb was like a steady climb, not a spike then a big fall down like some other fast cars i have been in. it was a nice linear acceleration.
oh and on this same track was a stang gt.. like an 03.. and after 200 i started to walk away nicely.
need an intake and inlet, then a cobb ap... then perhaps the road shall see me again for round 2.

Ran out of road. It pulls hard to top speed, I will say that.

Mine did too when it was stock. I only went that fast because i saw a 99-04 Mustang GT and a LT1/LS1 WS6 playing, not sure which one though.

I was on my way home from L.A. and it was like midnight already. And i see those two car's fly by. I was going like 70, they had to of been going like 100+mph. So by chance "there was a van going slow in the left lane passing a car", and the two car's were right behind the van. I instantly caught up pacing speed at about 70. When the van moves over to pass the car in the right lane. I see the WS6 on the GT's ass, so i dropped it down to 4th gear and ride the WS6's ass, the GT pulls into the right lane and we both pass the GT slowly and I'm inching closer reeling in the WS6. I look down, were at 135mph! He then moves into the right lane and i slowly walk pass him at 140+ and continue to slowly pull.

I look at my speedo. It was like 150-151, I look in my rear view and he's only like 2-3car's back in the other lane, not that far back! I Just let off. Could of gone more but just gave up since i pulled!!

BTW: My car felt way faster when it was bone stock. Then i decided to get the Reflash and noticed how slower the car was. Now my car with the mods i have listed, feels the same as when i had the car stock. Think i had a Factory Freak, i mean it pulled hard all the way from 0-120+. I notice how this car run's out of steam in the top-end but it doesn't.

When i was stock, i also held neck and neck with my friends 06 350Z 6spd from a Roll, he had Intake, test pipes, plenum spacer.

MS6-Stock
350Z-Intake, test pipes, plenum spacer

Now with the mod's listed i have, he hangs and pulls on me by couple feet after 120. With the 2 extra mods now

MS6-Intake,Test pipe, BOV
350Z-Intake, Test pipes, plenum spacer, exhaust, Nismo Header

Last edited:
Mine did too when it was stock. I only went that fast because i saw a 99-04 Mustang GT and a LT1/LS1 WS6 playing, not sure which one though.

I was on my way home from L.A. and it was like midnight already. And i see those two car's fly by. I was going like 70, they had to of been going like 100+mph. So by chance "there was a van going slow in the left lane passing a car", and the two car's were right behind the van. I instantly caught up pacing speed at about 70. When the van moves over to pass the car in the right lane. I see the WS6 on the GT's ass, so i dropped it down to 4th gear and ride the WS6's ass, the GT pulls into the right lane and we both pass the GT slowly and I'm inching closer reeling in the WS6. I look down, were at 135mph! He then moves into the right lane and i slowly walk pass him at 140+ and continue to slowly pull.

I look at my speedo. It was like 150-151, I look in my rear view and he's only like 2-3car's back in the other lane, not that far back! I Just let off. Could of gone more but just gave up since i pulled!!

BTW: My car felt way faster when it was bone stock. Then i decided to get the Reflash and noticed how slower the car was. Now my car with the mods i have listed, feels the same as when i had the car stock. Think i had a Factory Freak, i mean it pulled hard all the way from 0-120+. I notice how this car run's out of steam in the top-end but it doesn't.

When i was stock, i also held neck and neck with my friends 06 350Z 6spd from a Roll, he had Intake, test pipes, plenum spacer.

MS6-Stock
350Z-Intake, test pipes, plenum spacer

Now with the mod's listed i have, he hangs and pulls on me by couple feet after 120. With the 2 extra mods now

MS6-Intake,Test pipe, BOV
350Z-Intake, Test pipes, plenum spacer, exhaust, Nismo Header

perhaps now you just have a bad tune....

perhaps now you just have a bad tune....

Maybe but i had the turbo replaced on the car a while back due to the turbo seals smoking. So my dealer replaced with a new Turbo.

And the part number they gave me with the new turbo, describes as a CX7 Turbo! Is this bad?

yes cause the CX7 turbo is not the same as the MS6 turbo. oh and the fastest ive taken my car is about 158 going onto 160. but i cut it off due to my RPM's reaching 6000.

Maybe but i had the turbo replaced on the car a while back due to the turbo seals smoking. So my dealer replaced with a new Turbo.

And the part number they gave me with the new turbo, describes as a CX7 Turbo! Is this bad?

That is fine, the turbos are the same. It's still a K04, but it may be a newer revision. Can you post the part #, it should end in 70ZC or possibly 70ZD

yes cause the CX7 turbo is not the same as the MS6 turbo.

Not true.

Not a speed6 but when I was at the Auto Show back in february I picked up a 2008Mazda booklet, it said that the 08 MS3 can reach a top speed of 250 km/h with a speed limiter. I'd assume if the engines are pretty similar then maybe the limiters were the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back