Sounds crazy, but anyone have this issue? Seat moves itself...

Can you explain how it's possible for the side bolster to physically contact the seat controls? Because the seat controls are protected by a rigid molded piece and the upholstered bolster is not physically large enough to reach the seat controls.

I do have one possible explanation for phantom seat movement. I recently injured my back skiing (yes, even now there is enough snow in the mountains to ski). For a few weeks I had extremely limited mobility. The first time I figured I had healed enough to drive myself somewhere I noticed the seat moving as I exited. Turns out I was putting my palm on the side bolster by my thigh to help support my upper body weight as I prepared to stand. And my fingers were activating the electric seat controls. Maybe this explains some of the "phantom" seat movements?

After looking at it more closely, It must have been my leg touching the controls. Maybe the pressure from the bolster on the back of my thigh masks the feeling of my leg touching the controls.... Either way, I'm pretty confident that my seats do not move on their own, I think it's dragging parts of my body across the controls as I get out :D

anyone have a fix for this ? my 2013 cx 5 does this , thought i was crazy but it moved when i stopped at the gas station , my son in the passanger seat witnessed it moving as i fuelle up .... my local dealer is going to contact mazda tech ....

drondon - do you mean that the seat was moving while you were outside the car, not getting out but fully outside?

Any updates on this issue? My wife said her CX-5 Touring is also doing this. The driver's seat went into fully reclined position when she stopped for gas yesterday.

My 2014 Touring does the same thing. It's my only real gripe with the car. Just been living with it since the dealer can't reproduce phantom events.

It happened to me once. Went to work, all OK. When I was going home, I have found the backrest, all the way down.

The common element I see in this situations is that it happens after one leaves the vehicle. My guess? A body part pushes on the switch as they exit the vehicle. The switch sticks for some reason and lowers the seat all the way. Then why does the switch stick? Could be a combination of dust and moisture gets into the crevice - or, it's a sticky kinda switch.

Sounds crazy, but anyone have this issue? Seat moves itself...

The common element I see in this situations is that it happens after one leaves the vehicle. My guess? A body part pushes on the switch as they exit the vehicle. The switch sticks for some reason and lowers the seat all the way. Then why does the switch stick? Could be a combination of dust and moisture gets into the crevice - or, it's a sticky kinda switch.
So you don't think this would help? ;)
I suggest a clove of garlic hanging from the mirror, a cross on the dash, and a silver stake for good measure in the glove compartment.

Yeah, I think you're right! The only explanation has to be sticky seat adjustment switch. I hope someone with authority can check into this TSB as we can only see the first page:
Update (from the TSB thread). There's now a TSB on this... http://www.allworldauto.com/tsbs/NHTSA_2014_MAZDA_CX_5_technical_service_bulletin_411777.html

Be nice, if someone has access, to update us on the full text of this TSB.

Anyone?

Back