Something loose in steering?

lcann25

:
2014 CX-5
Hey everyone, been some time since I posted in here, but thats a good thing because life with my CX-5 has been pretty much non-eventful for 54,000kms. But lately Im noticing that when stopped, sometimes when I turn the wheel off centre something feels like it is a bit loose. It's very minor, and I'm wondering if it's always been there and I'm just starting to notice it, or if something is actually wrong. I can also sometimes replicate it when "wiggling" the steering wheel back and forth just slightly when stopped. Anyone else notice this?

I'm thinking if I felt something loose in my steering, I'd have it to the dealer right quick. Not that steering is important ...

Thanks for the totally ignorant reply Mr. Helpful. The car is booked in to have it looked at on the 17th, But I was posting on this FORUM to see if anyone else had experienced any of the same issues. I hope the s*** tasted good in your cornflakes this morning.

I'm thinking if I felt something loose in my steering, I'd have it to the dealer right quick. Not that steering is important ...

Damn dude, you always have to have a smart remark. There's other boards for people like you.

Hey everyone, been some time since I posted in here, but thats a good thing because life with my CX-5 has been pretty much non-eventful for 54,000kms. But lately Im noticing that when stopped, sometimes when I turn the wheel off centre something feels like it is a bit loose. It's very minor, and I'm wondering if it's always been there and I'm just starting to notice it, or if something is actually wrong. I can also sometimes replicate it when "wiggling" the steering wheel back and forth just slightly when stopped. Anyone else notice this?
I'm on my second CX5, steering has been tight in both. Have you hit any bad bumps lately or banged against any curbs?

Have you hit any bad bumps lately or banged against any curbs?

No, I'm quite careful with it. Upon further inspection tonight I feel like it may be in the steering column somehow, almost like the tilt/telescope mechanism isn't holding tight enough or something. I don't believe anything mechanical is loose, It's just more of an annoyance now that I've noticed it than anything. With the vehicle off, if I wiggle the steering wheel back and forth lightly I can feel it and there is a mild clunking sound from the whole shroud area

Mine has made the odd clunk from new. I put it down to the rack being mounted on soft rubber bushes. They've changed it on the new model which is bolted directly to the subframe.

Back