New owner of a CPO 2022 CX-5 Signature, have some questions

Hi all,

A few weeks ago, I purchased a CPO, 2022 CX-5 Signature with 2,500 miles. I'm very happy with the car, and it's much more comfortable than the GTI I'm coming from.

But, I do have some questions and concerns, and I'm not sure if they are common issues with easy fixes, or if they're just normal quirks with this type of vehicle:

- At highway speeds >60MPH, I find that I have to make many more subtle steering adjustments than my old GTI to stay centered in my lane. The steering tracks perfectly straight as best as I can tell, and all tires have even tread wear, but I feel the car sometimes unexpectedly try to veer or jump over in either direction, never aggressively, but just enough that I notice. This is with no heavy wind, so I suspect it's an issue with the stock Toyo tires (tramlining?)

- The driver side mirror glass visually vibrates when driving at highway speeds as well. I feel like it didn't do this when I test drove it, but a few days after purchasing, I found a more comfortable driving position and adjusted my mirrors to fit, and this is when I noticed it started. Passenger side does not vibrate at all, as far as I can tell.

- This may be an issue with my phone, but Android Auto always starts on a black screen, and I have to press the music or nav button to bring up display. Also, sometimes my music will start playing after starting the car, then immediately pause. After resuming music, everything is normal.

- When backing up into my garage, the frame rate of the backup camera will, consistently, significantly lower for a brief moment. It does not do the same thing when I back in to my spot at work.

- Is there a way to disable the "beep-beep beep-beep beep-beep" when exiting and closing the door with the car running?

- Is there a way to switch camera view without having to press the camera button beside the steering wheel? I find the button difficult to find sometimes at night. The manual says it can be changed with the commander knob, but it hasn't been working for me.

- Traffic Jam Assist (lane-centering up to 39mph) almost always will quickly move me out of the lane, even when the car is obviously controlling steering (green indicator), on straight roads. It even detects lane departure warning from its own steering mistakes.

Sorry about the long post. I've tried to research most of these issues, but could not find solid answers. My biggest concern is the difficulty keeping centered at highway speeds.

Thanks in advance!

I have the CX-50 TPP with these features (or CX-5's are lower models) so answering based on my car...

- At highway speeds >60MPH, I find that I have to make many more subtle steering adjustments
- Traffic Jam Assist (lane-centering up to 39mph) almost always will quickly move me out of the lane,
>> I wonder if these are related? May be that the sensors/camera is misadjusted and it's the Lane Keeping Assist that's moving you out of the lane, rather than tires/alignment. My CX-50, with 20" wheels and low profile tires, does not do this. Neither do our CX-5's with 17" wheels. Complain to the dealer.

- The driver side mirror glass visually vibrates when driving at highway speeds
>> Complain to the dealer.

- This may be an issue with my phone, but Android Auto always starts on a black screen
>> No idea. Mine doesn't

- When backing up into my garage, the frame rate of the backup camera will, consistently, significantly lower
>> No idea.

- Is there a way to disable the "beep-beep beep-beep beep-beep" when exiting
>> Probably not. This is to warn you that you've taken the keys while the car is running!

- Is there a way to switch camera view without having to press the camera button
>> Not that I know of. I agree that it's awkward, and I've thought about remoting a switch wired in parallel with the factory one.

Good luck!

Upvote 0
I have the CX-50 TPP with these features (or CX-5's are lower models) so answering based on my car...

- At highway speeds >60MPH, I find that I have to make many more subtle steering adjustments
- Traffic Jam Assist (lane-centering up to 39mph) almost always will quickly move me out of the lane,
>> I wonder if these are related? May be that the sensors/camera is misadjusted and it's the Lane Keeping Assist that's moving you out of the lane, rather than tires/alignment. My CX-50, with 20" wheels and low profile tires, does not do this. Neither do our CX-5's with 17" wheels. Complain to the dealer.

- The driver side mirror glass visually vibrates when driving at highway speeds
>> Complain to the dealer.

- This may be an issue with my phone, but Android Auto always starts on a black screen
>> No idea. Mine doesn't

- When backing up into my garage, the frame rate of the backup camera will, consistently, significantly lower
>> No idea.

- Is there a way to disable the "beep-beep beep-beep beep-beep" when exiting
>> Probably not. This is to warn you that you've taken the keys while the car is running!

- Is there a way to switch camera view without having to press the camera button
>> Not that I know of. I agree that it's awkward, and I've thought about remoting a switch wired in parallel with the factory one.

Good luck!
Thanks for the response! I'll be going back to the dealer probably next week, so I'll bring up these issues when I'm there.

Upvote 0
mirrors vibrate on almost all model. Its a known perk :)
The tires and sizing are also not optimal for the CX5. That contributes to the steering adjustments. Try with other tires - it may
improve. The Toyos are crap for sure.
Backup camera is hit and miss depending on the exterior lights and conditions.
For the Infotainment see if there is recent soft update.
No way to disable beep beep when car is running and you go outside (closing the door). Cant lock with remote either if running.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
mirrors vibrate on almost all model. Its a known perk :)
The tires and sizing are also not optimal for the CX5. That contributes to the steering adjustments. Try with other tires - it may
improve. The Toyos are crap for sure.
Backup camera is hit and miss depending on the exterior lights and conditions.
For the Infotainment see if there is recent soft update.
No way to disable beep beep when car is running and you go outside (closing the door). Cant lock with remote either if running.
As for the Android Auto issue, I'm starting to think it's just my USB cable. Now if I move my phone or the cable while it's plugged in, the connection drops out.

I'll take it in to the dealer and see if they'll check alignment and suspension, and I plan on changing these tires out soon as well.

Upvote 0
Could be the cable too, yes. Based on what you mentioned. Try with the official cable that came with your phone/charger and see if it works.

Upvote 0
As for the Android Auto issue, I'm starting to think it's just my USB cable. Now if I move my phone or the cable while it's plugged in, the connection drops out.

I'll take it in to the dealer and see if they'll check alignment and suspension, and I plan on changing these tires out soon as well.
Had a similar issue on a different vehicle. It was the cable. I also found out you need a high quality cable to reduce the issue. The cable for charging that came with your phone may not be properly shielded to eliminate electical noise.

Upvote 0
Back