So you want mudflaps on your Protege 5?

It sounds like 17's w/ a +35 offset would probably fit without much of an issue. I think I'm prolly gonna go with a +40 when I get mine.

if i go with a +35 offset with stock suspension (for now) what size tire would fit the best with no probs? (not to get off topic either sorry lol) but i dont blame u with that kit bro i'd be stoked too lol

great info! added to my to-do list by end of this month!

Just realized you are from San Jose. I graduated from Westmont High School in 1997. Grew up in San Jose/Campbell for 15 years. Just moved to Colorado about 5 years ago and love it here too. Anyway, San Jose...hell yeah!! LOL!

On another note...my suspension is installed check it out here. I won't have an issue installing the fronts, but the rear seems a little odd. Did you use some sort of spacer to get into the rear splash guard or something??

So, does anyone have a great idea for a spacer to mount the rear mud flaps? I'll look around for a plastic block or something, just figured someone here who has them installed would know.

Thanks!

I just made my own... I look a splash shield from a mazda 6 that we had laying around the shop and just cut the to the shape i wanted lol

i ahve had them for like over a month in my room. been so lazy to put them on:/ maybe tomorrow lol

Yeah, come on Rico :p. I can't do mine cuz the cars in the garage but I would right away!

Are the self-tapping screws going into plastic fenders or into metal? Concerned that if you are screwing into metal, then that's a rust opportunity.

Are the self-tapping screws going into plastic fenders or into metal? Concerned that if you are screwing into metal, then that's a rust opportunity.

Put it into the inner plastic fender. I've had mine on for about a year. Including through a winter.

I have brand new ones in box I won't b using if interested pm me will b selling them

Hey! Just wanted to say very helpful guide and the mud flaps look great! I decided to do the same thing to my MSP and was wondering what size self tapping screws you used?

Definitely buying the cheap black ones, for my silver p5 with black wheels and red brake calipers...Sucks I can't figure out how to make pictures small enough to put up :/ if anyone wants to teach me I'm all ears, thanks

Hey Flash5, I have some Universal Rally Armor mud flaps and was wondering what size of bolts or screws should I use? BTW, the flaps look super flush against the black and red rims.

I bought these from Oreilly's for 10 bucks, I still need to buy another set for the rear. Screwed them into the plastic ground affects with stainless screws. They used to be black.

Back