Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

:
RDX Aspec Adv.
My computer. I finally decided to upgrade it, because my CX-5 makes it feel like a total dog.

Currently:

AMD Phenom II 955 BlackEditon (overclocked to 3.8Ghz)
GTX460 750MB
8MB DDR3 1333
240SSD

Just curious what other CX-5'ers are using to look at their CX-5's online.

Generally it's my phone or tablet. Occasionally I might use my work unit witch is a surface. If you like windows I'd a good unit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My computer. I finally decided to upgrade it, because my CX-5 makes it feel like a total dog.

Currently:

GTX460 750MB
8MB DDR3 1333
240SSD

uc

uc

Intel i7 6700K @ 4Ghz, water cooling isn't installed so its not overclocked yet
GTX 1080 x 2
32GB DDR4
Samsung M.2 950 Pro 512GB SSD (Onboard motherboard for OS and base apps that need the performance.)
Samsung 840 512GB SSD (Games, etc that can afford to be slower.)
Western Digital Black 2TB (File storage that is backed up to my 5TB NAS (2nd shelf) that in turn is backed up to my 25TB WD Mycloud NAS (Bottom shelf) that gets turned off when not doing backups and sits in a fire resistant safe. I do IT for a living and backups....I know the benefits of a good backup policy. =D

PS- Eventually the top shelf will be for a receiver for the surround sound system for my home theatre. Right now I'm working on home renovation and monies is too tight for that right now. Well that and the CX-5 I'm going to be getting. =D

Last edited:
Do all my internet surfing on my 12" iPad Pro. I also have a personal Laptop, but never use it as the iPad is much more convenient for internet use.

uc

uc

Intel i7 6700K @ 4Ghz, water cooling isn't installed so its not overclocked yet
GTX 1080 x 2
32GB DDR4
Samsung M.2 950 Pro 512GB SSD (Onboard motherboard for OS and base apps that need the performance.)
Samsung 840 512GB SSD (Games, etc that can afford to be slower.)
Western Digital Black 2TB (File storage that is backed up to my 5TB NAS (2nd shelf) that in turn is backed up to my 25TB WD Mycloud NAS (Bottom shelf) that gets turned off when not doing backups and sits in a fire resistant safe. I do IT for a living and backups....I know the benefits of a good backup policy. =D

PS- Eventually the top shelf will be for a receiver for the surround sound system for my home theatre. Right now I'm working on home renovation and monies is too tight for that right now. Well that and the CX-5 I'm going to be getting. =D

Awesome!

My current replacement build is:

i7-7700K liquid cooled
GTX 1080
32GB DDR4 2133
240SSD (This should be sufficient for the operating system, and most games I understand aren't very SSD/HDD sensitive, unless loading screens freak you out, no?)
2TB HDD 7200rpm

I don't manipulate or render, and it's mainly for gaming, so while the CPU is overkill, I did that so that I could upgrade GPU's whenever 4K monitors catch up. Currently, 1080P is where it's at because you can render at 180-240fps, and 4K is stuck at 144fps...IF you spend $1200+ on a monitor that will do it, which I won't do, which means 4K for ME is stuck at 60Hz, which is crap, even if the still images are pretty. This is why I went with a GTX 1080 single instead of 1080Ti or dual 1080's. Since I'm not forking over for the monitor to actually take advantage of 4K, the 1080 is currently doing all I need it to do, or at least, that's my theory. Feel free to educate me if I've got it wrong though, because computers are NOT my thing. I just get REAL into them every 5-7 years when I need a new one, rofil!

PS. The CX-5 will save you so much money! Mine is cheap as hell to own, which has probably paid for my entire build during the 2 years I've had it!

Last edited:
Some kind of Dell desktop , wired connection, iPad and iPhone, wireless. Biggest thing though was being lucky enough to have been a early google fiber customer. I'm getting 900 Mbps downloads wired and 380-400 wireless. Zoom zoom zoom

dual CPU mac, rx480 to play the odd game, 2x 1TB SSD in raid 0 and 4x3TB WD black drives. BenQ monitor for photography.

So slow I'm ashamed.

My current replacement build is:
i7-7700K liquid cooled
GTX 1080
32GB DDR4 2133
240SSD (This should be sufficient for the operating system, and most games I understand aren't very SSD/HDD sensitive, unless loading screens freak you out, no?)
2TB HDD 7200rpm
I use an iPhone 5 which my daughter dumped. Occasionally I use an MSI U135 Windows notebook my son refused to use 7 years ago with ever-slow Intel Atom processor for more complicated work. So you're ready to get a Mercedes S-Class and I'm still driving an air-cooled '67 Beetle! I guess I should be ashamed, not you! :)

I use an iPhone 5 which my daughter dumped. Occasionally I use an MSI U135 Windows notebook my son refused to use 7 years ago with ever-slow Intel Atom processor for more complicated work. So you're ready to get a Mercedes S-Class and I'm still driving an air-cooled '67 Beetle! I guess I should be ashamed, not you! :)

Not if it works for you. If it works for you, that's all that matters. If my PC still worked for me, I would keep it.

Galaxy s4 for me, mobile, lol!

Now you've lost all credibility! Treat yourself to a new phone man. I did like that i could swap batteries but didn't like that i had to constantly. S7 is way better, s8 is almost here...

Currently:

GTX460 750MB
8MB DDR3 1333
240SSD

Either my Droid Turbo 2 or....

Intel Core i7-4790k 4GHz
GTX 980 4GB
16GB DDR3
512gb SSD
2 x 3tb HDD

And custom water cooling....

Yeah I was real big into building computers for a while.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Now you've lost all credibility! Treat yourself to a new phone man. I did like that i could swap batteries but didn't like that i had to constantly. S7 is way better, s8 is almost here...

I'm an optics and gun snob. Absolutly NOT a tech snob. At all. In any sense. My S4 is working fine. Battery got glitchy around 4mo ago and I bought a new one. If the S8 doesn't get banned from air travel because Abdhul could fashion a vest out of them that would take the plane down, I might consider it. The S7 was a flop, IMO

S7 was not a flop.

Damn, Kellic...Go overboard much? Geez. LOL
Dual 1080's? That's crazy.
I have ONE 1070 and it destroys every modern game out there. Why'd you get duals so early in the cycle?

S7 was not a flop.

I have ONE 1070 and it destroys every modern game out there. Why'd you get duals so early in the cycle?

Multi-screen maybe?

For this stuff, and most browsing galaxy tab s 10.5...s7 is a great phone, note7 was the flop!

S7 was not a flop.

He might use his PC for video editing and 3-d work, in which case the extra power could be put to use. In the gaming world though, unless you're investing in the new Acer that's pumping out 144Hz 4K, I think it's a waste, but I have been wrong before...

The S7 explodes. It was banned from air travel because it was deemed a fire/explosion hazard. When you are asked to leave your phone behind to board...that's a flop in my book. Sorry.

Back