Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

Nice, but damn clean your dust filters LOL! :)
Didn't even notice that. It's under the desk, hard to see. I added a fan in the front to pull air in about a month ago. Apparently it's pulling dust, too. Lol I'll go clean it now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Better question: what do the gamers among us play?
I'm playing Battlefield 1, Dying Light, Unreal Tournament Alpha once in awhile if I can find a server. Looking forward to Quake Champions.

XBOX: BF1, BF4, Diablo3
PC: Starcraft II, WoW (looking forward to maxxing settings in FHD). Looking forward to trying Overwatch and Witcher 3.

I assume you mean the mechanical piece and not the RGB. Lol. Yea, it's worth it. Typing is more accurate for sure. I can't type and I make less typos on it. Normal keyboards now to me just feel mushy...
/Edit/ oh and the mouse. It was free. I had a Logitech MX510 before that for years. I don't think you need to spend a lot on a mouse but you should have one with extra buttons if you're a gamer. This one has 4 regular buttons, 2 buttons to change dpi, and one more called a "snipe" button. It jacks the DPI to minimum but only while you hold it down.

Interesting. I remain reserved with the mouse, but will invest in the Keyboard.

Right now, BF1 mainky but also 7 days to die and APB reloaded. Also have the yoke/throttles/pedals for flight simulator but tend to prefer the real thing

Rereading the thread on Hydra (yes, I name my computers, too) and noticed we missed a question.

Awesome!
240SSD (This should be sufficient for the operating system, and most games I understand aren't very SSD/HDD sensitive, unless loading screens freak you out, no?)

Exactly right. Load Windows and all programs on 256GB SSD. MS Office, my video editing and photo editing software. = I still have 167 GB free on C.
I experimented with putting a game or 2 on the SSD. Load times were NOT noticeably faster at all.
SSD is the way to go through for Windows. My computer boots up in 32 seconds. 18 of those seconds are the BIOS. My wife's laptop boots up: in 18 seconds. Total.

Oh, and I play Civ6 a little, too. :D

Just got a new HP Spectre X360 2 in 1. Love these new 2 in 1s. So much versatility. Very fast. Didn't really need a new laptop but I love new tech.

Not a big HP fan, but the newest ones are sexy beasts. Got the wife a Dell convertible. It is pretty great, and Win10 finally works well in tablet mode. Only had it 2 weeks, but I can see myself using it a lot. Battery life is insane, too.

Oh, and you don't need 32GB for gaming Unobtainium. 16 is more then enough.

While we're talking tech...Who's got a smartwatch? I have 2. First was the 2nd one ever released: LG G Watch. Current a buddy gave me because he didn't want: Fossil Marshall Q.

Just got a new HP Spectre X360 2 in 1. Love these new 2 in 1s. So much versatility. Very fast. Didn't really need a new laptop but I love new tech.

Me too, Spectre x360 13.3". Bought it in Jan. i7 7th gen, 16Gb, 512Gb SSD, Win10.
Love the lightweight and performance but I have lots of pb with the trackpad. I uninstalled, reinstalled and upgraded the Synaptics trackpad driver and it still doesn't work the way it should. Frustrating!

Not a big HP fan, but the newest ones are sexy beasts. Got the wife a Dell convertible. It is pretty great, and Win10 finally works well in tablet mode. Only had it 2 weeks, but I can see myself using it a lot. Battery life is insane, too.

Yeah this is my first HP and I am very impressed. They have improved soo much. Definitely a premium laptop.

Me too, Spectre x360 13.3". Bought it in Jan. i7 7th gen, 16Gb, 512Gb SSD, Win10.
Love the lightweight and performance but I have lots of pb with the trackpad. I uninstalled, reinstalled and upgraded the Synaptics trackpad driver and it still doesn't work the way it should. Frustrating!

Exact one I have! Amazing computer. I was tempted by the XPS 13 with the fanless design but the fan rarely comes on in this thing. So I'm happy. What issues are you having? Mine works perfect and very responsive. My version is 19.3.11.41 for the synaptic drivers.

Yeah this is my first HP and I am very impressed. They have improved soo much. Definitely a premium laptop.

Exact one I have! Amazing computer. I was tempted by the XPS 13 with the fanless design but the fan rarely comes on in this thing. So I'm happy. What issues are you having? Mine works perfect and very responsive. My version is 19.3.11.41 for the synaptic drivers.

19.3.11.41 too. I just upgraded the BIOS. Let's see if it works better.

The XPS13 costs too much. Amazon wants $1,650 for one with 16Gb, i7 7500 processor and 512Gb SSD (same as mine).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I paid $1,199 for mine at BestBuy.

Last edited:
Hmmm... anyone else notice how this brand attracts "eccentric enthusiasts"...
(gossip)

Did someone say "Enthusiast?!"

4555ab65eb41dec3bdc2ddac7460ed2b.jpg

[emoji23]🤣

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Oh, and you don't need 32GB for gaming Unobtainium. 16 is more then enough.

While we're talking tech...Who's got a smartwatch? I have 2. First was the 2nd one ever released: LG G Watch. Current a buddy gave me because he didn't want: Fossil Marshall Q.

Agreed. That's just what the PC came with though.

I just bought a Dell monitor.

-165Hz with GSync
-2560 resolution
-24" screen (super hard to find one with a 144Hz+ and GSync at anything above 1920 res!) I prefer smaller monitors for gaming (FPS).
-1Ms G2G (TN panel, but I can live with it for the refresh and the 24" size. 27" is the smallest IPS I found).

$359 + $16 shipping, factory refurb from Amazon with 90 day warranty through Dell.

I prefer smaller monitors for gaming (FPS).

I kinda miss gaming on smaller PC monitors. Now I have all my systems hooked up to a 130" HD projector in my basement. Awesome but I miss the good old days of gaming on my PC monitor and having my laptop right next to me. What I thought at the time was a sick setup lol. Ahh

I have a projector, too. I don't game on it much at all. I did for a few weeks after I got it, but it's mostly for watching movies now.

I have a projector, too. I don't game on it much at all. I did for a few weeks after I got it, but it's mostly for watching movies now.

It's hard to go back to gaming on regular tv after doing it on the projector. I have a 60" Samsung in my living room that I stream my xbox or ps4 to sometimes and it's just not the same experience. But yeah, movies are a blast on a projector.

Back