Mazdamatic

:
Mazda 2 Sport
‎>gun it in 3rd
>smoke everywhere
>put it in 4th
>smoke goes away
>car runs fine

it was a s*** ton of white smoke...it started to fill up the car so i dont think it was just the exhaust this time.... car only does this if im in 3rd around 6k....

this is only the 2nd time (other than when starting the car after a few days) it has smoke a s*** ton while driving hard in 3rd. but as soon as i go into 4th or 5th it stops smoking.

any ideas?
meeting up with some other rotary guys later this week. but wanted some input before then. car runs fine and everything seems fine. just curious why it only does this in that gear (2nd or 3rd at high rpm) and then goes away as soon as i shift

It seems odd it would only be in one gear but not the others. What about high RPM in other gears? White smoke immediately makes me think of coolant, which would mean a coolant seal failure or worse, a housing failure (what happened to me). Not trying to scare you but white smoke usually always means water is being burned in the engine.

it only seems to be if i am at high rpm in a lower gear for awhile. i was thinking it was coolant (previous owner said there might be a leak)...ill get it checked this weekend when i can.

i guess cuz ive only driven the car for under a week i didnt notice but some hoses were unplugged. put those back in and my coolant level is very low. so gonna fix all that and see how she goes.

I was going to say...if its only high rpm, its seems like something is leaking at those revs...and just burning on the exhaust piping or something...

were you sure its coming out of the exhaust pipe? or was it just 'the back of the car'...

prolly out the exhaust (dont see any ex. leaks under the car) and then as i slowed down it caught up with the car. since the coolant is very low and there were hoses disconnected that i shouldve saw im going to assume its that for now.

Back