Sanded the ground, double checked all my wiring, all seems good. Still no power to the amp and sub, spare tire sub works when plugged in. I'm wondering if I need to find the power for that sub and cap that and shoot it over to my amp? Or maybe put a fuse in and a connector and run them both...if that's even possible? All I know is wiring is not my game and this might take awhile
Where would I splice that wire to? I guess i mean how do a bring that power to my amp? I know it runs from the head unit to that rear sub, but in my last car I didn't have the spare tire sub and just spliced all me head unit wires, ran power and ground to the amp, ran my speaker wires from my amp to sub and plugged in those two wires that go from the back of the head unit to the amp (sorry I'm terrible with this crap, those last two wires just plug in to the white and red outlets)
You cut the wire about 2"-3" back from the connector (to give you enough wire to work with), then you strip both ends of the wire, then strip a wire that's long enough to reach your other amp and twist all three wires together, ...
Then you strip the other end of the splice wire and feed it under the screw of your new amp labeled "remote",...
Tape the wire splice, ... You don't want it to touch ground or any metal, ... You'll blow a fuse.
Worked like a charm, used some heat shrink since I had it lying around. Glad to finally have tunes back in my daily, makes the commute that much easier. Thanks for the help man, I'm really confused why I didn't have to run a remote on the 02 p5. Was my amp constantly turned on and I just notice because I dailyied it?
Your amp may have always been on.
There's not too much power drain when the amp is idle.
It's when you crank it that it really sucks power.
Keep that in mind when you're listening to your stereo.
Maybe turn it down for a while before you shut off your car so the battery can charge back up.
Remember, we've only got 77 amps total to run the car. Anything over that gets pulled out of the battery.
Why are you commuting?
You're supposed to be all isolated.
Does Trump think you're essential ? Lol
Well I was "essential" till yesterday now construction is shut down so that's me lol. Pro side to this outbreak is now I have time to work on my cars, downside is now i have no money to buy the parts i need What a wicked hit to my short lived joy. Also found my valve cover breather/crankcase vent/whatever it's called is broken clean off. So I'm drawing a good amount off unfiltered air and my valve cover essentially has a hole to the bay..... mmmmm I'm no engineer but I'm assuming that's not healthy. Probably just gunna tape it until I can swap intakes over, or would sealing that hose to the valve cover be a nono?
Small stuff today, cleaned up my wiring with some electrical tape (yellow of course) and zip ties. Swapped my rear headrests and front window switch panels, gotta keep the rice alive. Next I'm going to try to paint the center console and head unit surround to match and maybe door handles, how much yellow is too much? I might get to swapping the intake over if the kid naps well, I'm just gunna throw on my old ebay intake on the 02 till I can get another Intake. I have a massive to do list that I can work on with the parts I have, hopefully the rain will let up for a couple days so i can get to some of it lol.
Managed to get the intakes mostly swapped, 02 is ready to go and 03 is waiting on paint to dry on a bracket. Had a new filter so I threw that on since the old one was filled with dirt. Started painting the center dash panel to see how it turns out, decided with that because I have another spare and the one in yeller.
Unfortunately I ruined that nice paint job on the dash piece, paint was thin on the bottom and the primer was still showing through. I put another coat on but must have been too heavy handed, within 20 min it was covered in wrinkles. Hopefully I can sand it all down and just slap another coat or two on and maybe clear coat it. I would like to make covers for the front headrests and I guess the rears too. They are old and stained, plus the stitching on the seams is pretty ugly
Shout out to Ginger432, sent me a link to someone selling an mp3 ecu. In the mail should be here Thursday, super pumped. With the ecu in the mail it really hit that this was happening and the only thing left for preperation was finishing my intake manifold. I finished sanding my runners, I'm not sure how far I want to go into the manifold. Still need to look into plugging the holes for the butterfly rod, I started sanding down some cast lines to try to clean up the look. Sllloooowwwww going, sanding the runners is nothing to the amount of excess material on the outside. Got the 02 seats cleaned (finally lol) I gotta start driving it through the neighborhood once a week, battery had a weak start after sitting for 2 weeks. I plan on building the 03 for a daily street build and thinking of maybe doing some autocross with it. So that car is getting parts priority and until it's running solid yeller is on the back burner. I still want to do rallycross with it, but its gunna be further down the road. So the near future plans for the 03 is to install new calipers, rotors, pads, stainless brake lines, new parking brake lines, kyb shocks all 4, RB lowering springs off my buddies MP3, mp3 ecu and ported intake manifold, and I plan on buying a clutch, Megan racing NA catback, and engine mounts. The 02 will get the working rusty rear calipers from the 03 and the old P brake cables from the 03. At least then it will have 4 working brakes and a hand brake.