Sad

Utah State Aggies. It's kind of a play off of "Because Racecar". And yes, it is silly. I'm kind of a silly guy.

utah? that's where they are building that huge nsa spy base out there in the mountains somewhere. obama approves of it too, which is my point.

back on topic, i hope you get your car back on road with as less hassle as possible.

The NSA center is in Provo, Utah. That's where BYU is. Utah State is in Logan. We have small satellites and cows.

Still waiting to hear back from the body shop about what all is going to be replaced. Here's what I plan to ask them to do if they can:

-Let me replace the headlights on my own, but credit me what it would have cost on my deductible
-Replace end links with Raybestos
-Perhaps replace tie rod ends with Raybestos, especially if it saves me any money
-Replace front swaybar with Corksport
-Replace brake lines with braided
-Replace strut and springs with Corksport (this one is still a little iffy, though, as it might cost a fair bit more)

It does sound like they're going to be replacing the hood, too, but the insurance company asked them to go aftermarket or lightly used on that one. Mighty tempted to get a CF hood, but I'm sure that would be overkill right now.

No, it has to be done by the body shop giving the quote. I actually did ask about that, though before even getting the answer I kind of figured I wouldn't be trying anything myself. Just too much to go through and check. I'm still learning. I believe what happens with insurance is they pay the body shop everything sans your deductible. In my case I've got a safe driver credit with my insurance company, so they'll be writing a check to me at some point for that.

So... I'm still waiting for my car. Apparently the shop I brought it to has had to wait on just about every part they've ordered. Anyone else have issues with this? Right now they are waiting on the support pillar for the right fender that welds onto the front right beam. Hopefully that's the last thing they need. Hopefully they get it soon, too. When I talked to them last on Friday they said that they had ordered it a week before that.

(pissed)

Guess who finally came back home!

IMG_20140918_091940.jpg

We dropped the rental option on our insurance, so my wife and I were sharing the Toyota Sienna for the past 6 weeks. Fancy headlights are still pending due to some fitment issues. The kind I picked up from Japan were the HID variety, and the housing has a mounting point for the ballast on the bottom which was causing some issues for the folks at the body shop. I told them I would work it out after bringing it home, so they just installed the stock headlights.

On that note, is anyone in need of some new or nearly new headlights? ;)

Hmm how about you retrofit those spare ones for me. Or send em to me for a retrofit. . ;) glad you got your car back.

On a serious note

I would consider doing a custom retrofit for someone. If anyone is truly interested in that let me know and we can discuss price and details.

Glad to see it's back in 1 piece. How's it drive? Nothing weird-feeling I hope.

My friend's 2005 Subaru STi was in the shop for almost a month waiting for parts. While alot of that car is 'made' of Impreza/WRX parts, there's some interesting, unique hardware that's STI-only. Little random things, like reinforcement brackets on the back of the hubs for the calipers, and even the caliper bolts.

Back