Sad day, but it protected me well!

Ins co came back, total loss. Trying to decide if the valuation is good or not. Car was an 18 GT, perfect condition, no dents/dings etc, 26k miles. They came up with $31,564 for the settlement amount.

Looking around online, I can only find 6 GTs for sale within 300 miles of me. I am thinking it is fair, curious what others think?
This is almost private party value for your car. I know it will be a loss anyways for anyone but insurance company valuation seems ok. Best thing is that you are safe. Good luck finding the new CX-9 !

Sad to see, but most important you escaped serious injury.. I got my CX9 because someone ploughed into my wife's Odyssey, while she was at a stoplight. ending it's career...But she and my daughter were unhurt, Thank Jehovah. Take care and hope the insurance co. does right by you.

glad you are ok, but PLEASE invest in a dashcam, i'm telling you, after my incident with lying drivers, i have installed dashscams (Front and Rear) on all my cars...i decided to go with Garmin this time. Hope all works out.

glad you are ok, but PLEASE invest in a dashcam, i'm telling you, after my incident with lying drivers, i have installed dashscams (Front and Rear) on all my cars...i decided to go with Garmin this time. Hope all works out.
Already bought a nextbase camera for the front, buying a second one soon for my other car.

Thanks. I am not sure if PA allows the diminished value but that was part of my concern. It was totaled. However, if it wasn't I was going to see a lawyer and I may still need one. Thanks
Sorry to see your accident. Glad your OK.
My 4 month old 2019 CX-5 Reserve with 2300 miles was rear ended & totaled a few months back. An elderly women in a MB SUV claimed she hit the gas instead of the the brakes. Hit me going about 40 mph. My son & I both got banged up but no serious injuries. I was also worried they might not total it but fortunately it was. I have new vehicle replacement with Erie Insurance in PA and they handled everything & settled with the women's insurance. The new car replacement on my policy would have made up any depreciation but the appraised value actually came back more than what I paid for it new.
Final outcome, I replaced the vehicle with it's clone & actually got a better price on the second than I did on the first. I do have some lingering issues with my hip from the accident & may decide to talk with a lawyer about that.

Last edited:
I do have some lingering issues with my hip from the accident & may decide to talk with a lawyer about that.
Important point here...don't sign off the insurance settlement for injuries until enough time has elapsed for you to know you're doing OK. It's OK to sign off on the property settlement...the money for the car...as soon as you're satisfied. Sometimes a lawyer is needed, and sometimes you end up with less after their fees than if you'd done it yourself. Evaluate the situation carefully, then if needed, pick a lawyer experienced in this part of the law.

This is why I have a dash cam. Glad the cx9 protected you

yes totally agree having a dashcam helps validate the claim! Talking abt dash cams this week I know someone who got hit in the front fender driver side and the other driver claiming it was not his fault! If only the person I know had a dash am then it would refute other driver’s claim...it came down to his word against other driver’s word and the actual damage on both vehicles....investigation taking longer as no witnesses! oh well..$50 dashcam would have helped!

I’m very sorry to hear about everything. The most important thing is that you are ok and thats something to feel very fortunate for. As for the other matters God willing they all fall into place and justice is served esp for those lying. I can definitely relate to the experience and wish you the best for your family. Definitely keep records of all and consequently you probably will have to be proactive in many measures ( esp those laid back insurance parties, etc.)
Good luck and God bless once again.
ps. I’ll buy the wheels off of you.

Sorry to see your accident. Glad your OK.
My 4 month old 2019 CX-5 Reserve with 2300 miles was rear ended & totaled a few months back. An elderly women in a MB SUV claimed she hit the gas instead of the the brakes. Hit me going about 40 mph. My son & I both got banged up but no serious injuries. I was also worried they might not total it but fortunately it was. I have new vehicle replacement with Erie Insurance in PA and they handled everything & settled with the women's insurance. The new car replacement on my policy would have made up any depreciation but the appraised value actually came back more than what I paid for it new.
Final outcome, I replaced the vehicle with it's clone & actually got a better price on the second than I did on the first. I do have some lingering issues with my hip from the accident & may decide to talk with a lawyer about that.

That is great with the new car replacement, my issue is I was planning on moving so I dropped Erie about 5 months, now that was a bad move! I would have gotten about 10k more for my car. sigh...

I’m very sorry to hear about everything. The most important thing is that you are ok and thats something to feel very fortunate for. As for the other matters God willing they all fall into place and justice is served esp for those lying. I can definitely relate to the experience and wish you the best for your family. Definitely keep records of all and consequently you probably will have to be proactive in many measures ( esp those laid back insurance parties, etc.)
Good luck and God bless once again.
ps. I’ll buy the wheels off of you.

Yes, so glad I was ok, that is the important part for sure. Really loved the car and had 0% on it, so this time around I didn't get a mazda as I went smaller and more fuel efficient. If your serious about the wheels I posted pics in the FS section in current models. Let me know.

Got two next base dash cams and evaluating the rear ones now to decide what to buy. So frustrating with all the idiots in the world. And is a shame how the local police don't care that the 2nd car that hit me had the driver flee the scene. Hopefully what comes around goes around for that person.

Ouch! As others have said, glad you're ok and that the CX-9 kept you safe!

Also...Thanks for your cooperation with the For Sale threads in the Marketplace. (y)

Yes, so glad I was ok, that is the important part for sure. Really loved the car and had 0% on it, so this time around I didn't get a mazda as I went smaller and more fuel efficient. If your serious about the wheels I posted pics in the FS section in current models. Let me know.

Got two next base dash cams and evaluating the rear ones now to decide what to buy. So frustrating with all the idiots in the world. And is a shame how the local police don't care that the 2nd car that hit me had the driver flee the scene. Hopefully what comes around goes around for that person.

Its a hard saying that I still contemplate with but that person that fled the scene will get theirs in time. Police don’t really care and annoys them to properly document all correctly. Def interested in the wheels. Couldn’t find the thread mentioned. ( forgive me I’m still learning to navigate the forum).
the dash cams are a gd investment. I would love to do myself but horrible at wiring lol. I’d you loved the Mazda stock w it, but explore the reviews of other makes and go w what’s best for you and your family. But def keep on top of all so all will work out for you w the incident

Its a hard saying that I still contemplate with but that person that fled the scene will get theirs in time. Police don’t really care and annoys them to properly document all correctly. Def interested in the wheels. Couldn’t find the thread mentioned. ( forgive me I’m still learning to navigate the forum).
the dash cams are a gd investment. I would love to do myself but horrible at wiring lol. I’d you loved the Mazda stock w it, but explore the reviews of other makes and go w what’s best for you and your family. But def keep on top of all so all will work out for you w the incident

The wiring isn't that difficult, and it's made even easier if you buy a dashcam adapter from K3vonn or an Invisicord. With either of those, you just have to access the panel behind the mirror, connect the adapter, then connect your dashcam. It was a whole lot easier than I expected it to be. Check the CX-9 resources for some guides and reference info.

Got a pic of what the rear dashcam looks like from the outside?

Latest posts

Back