Sad day, but it protected me well!

:
2018 GT
Well so much for my beloved CX9. This car was the ultimate highway cruiser and loved this car. However it did what it was supposed to do, I have whiplash and nothing else. I got hit by some yahoo on the driver rear side, spun sideways and then hit on the passenger side next. Typical jerks today, first guy is now lying to police and the 2nd driver fled the scene and the other passengers in his car won't say who was driving. Up to $19,500 worth of damage so far and waiting to hear if they are going to fix it. I really don't want the car back!

Attachments

• IMG_2879.jpg
    IMG_2879.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_2878.jpg
    IMG_2878.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_2877.jpg
    IMG_2877.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Woah. Glad no serious injury. Anytime you walk away...good day. Sad, but good.

That looked like a big one. Lincoln town car seems to be first car...is that a maxima that t boned next?

How did the passenger seat/person fare? A lot of cabin intrusion there?

Last edited:
Glad you're OK. The vehicle is replaceable. It's a lot of hassle and grief, but it's replaceable. I'm with you, I hope they declare it a total loss.

Sorry to see this. Glad to hear you're OK though. A car, as much as we may value is is material, human life and health though are irreplaceable. Hope there is some judicious resolution. At about 20K and possibly more in repair cost, I hope it's totalled and you have a chance at a new one

Yikes. Glad you're mostly ok. I wouldn't want the car back either. I hope everything works out in your favour regarding the other two drivers. Did you get dashcam footage of the accident? I don't know if you have one, but it would be very nice to have in instances like this.

Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the passenger side curtain airbag was deployed?

No dashcam, but I will be buying one for any future car! Lincoln is in the pic solo and he is the idiot that started this mess. He lost control of his backend on this wet road, then came flying into me with his front end hitting my driver's side rear area. His car then went behind me where the car following me hit him in the rear.

After the lincoln hit me, it spun my front end out to the left, I am guessing he was going 40-45mph in the 25 mph zone, then I was hit on the passenger side by that Red Hyundai, I never got the model of the car and waiting on the police report. Lincoln had state minimum levels for insurance, don't yet know about the Hyundai. Luckily it was only me in the car, my little pup usually goes with me and would have been looking out the rear passenger open window, so I am VERY THANKFUL I left him home that morning. Def became one expensive bagel run!

I am really surprised I didn't end up with more than whiplash and certainly gives me confidence in the CX9 to protect you! I did goof up, I left my old insurance a few months ago where I had new car replacement up to the first 2 years, ARGH! Guess that decision is biting me now lol. I was able to get this 18 back when they had 0% interest, so that is a bummer. Thanks for all the well wishes.

Woah. Glad no serious injury. Anytime you walk away...good day. Sad, but good.

That looked like a big one. Lincoln town car seems to be first car...is that a maxima that t boned next?

How did the passenger seat/person fare? A lot of cabin intrusion there?
The passenger seat area inside faired very well. No one was in it, thank god, but I had no idea how bad the passenger side was until I got out and saw the outside.

Yikes. Glad you're mostly ok. I wouldn't want the car back either. I hope everything works out in your favour regarding the other two drivers. Did you get dashcam footage of the accident? I don't know if you have one, but it would be very nice to have in instances like this.

Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the passenger side curtain airbag was deployed?
The passenger-side airbag did not deploy since no one was sitting in the seat. (I don't think it did) . Only the side curtain airbags went off on both sides of the car. And my side airbag went off in the driver's seat. The car really looks like s*** inside now lol. But god bless airbags.

Somehow this is only about the 2nd CX-9 I've seen with more than minor damage. It is indeed a very safe vehicle, glad you're OK.

Whether the insurance company totals it is a tough call because it's a 2018 $40K vehicle. If it was at least 4 years old I think it would be an easy total but this might be a close one. No one would want this back! Better off parting it out. Good luck!

Glad you are okay!

The car might get totalled regardless of repair cost and value. It depends on local regulations, but in a lot of places if the structure is affected the vehicle won’t be allowed to be repaired.

I am glad you are OK. I hope they total the car. I would agree I wouldn’t wanna drive it either.

This is going to motivate me to install the dash cam I bought on Black Friday.

Ins co came back, total loss. Trying to decide if the valuation is good or not. Car was an 18 GT, perfect condition, no dents/dings etc, 26k miles. They came up with $31,564 for the settlement amount.

Looking around online, I can only find 6 GTs for sale within 300 miles of me. I am thinking it is fair, curious what others think?

Ins co came back, total loss. Trying to decide if the valuation is good or not. Car was an 18 GT, perfect condition, no dents/dings etc, 26k miles. They came up with $31,564 for the settlement amount.

Looking around online, I can only find 6 GTs for sale within 300 miles of me. I am thinking it is fair, curious what others think?
That’s a hard one to figure out. What do you owe on the vehicle is the big thing. Cause if your upside down then that’s where gap insurance would cover you and if your positive equity then take the money and run.

I guess one lucky point is that I had my winter set up on the car for tires, I have the 20's in my garage to now sell.

Back