S.A. MSP's Twin Turbo Build Thread

smaller turbos..

toyota CT-12 with ceramic turbine.. too rare..
msp stocker.. maybe
volks 1.8 T KKK unit.. you kick a tree and 5 fall off.. and theyre smaller than the msp stocker..

I think a T25R and a GT2871R will work... T25 for low speed, fast spooling, GT2871R Top end where the T25 Just runs out of air. that will be a deadly combo. I mean A T25 at full low speed is ******* amazing. imagine beign help at top end by hes near bigger brother.... these is the right setup men.. **** 28RS dont understand why people sweat it so much.... Go big or go home.. you want big power and big numbers, forget about 28 series Turbos Jump with the big Boys.. GT30 or GT35 Turbo i really hate the 28rs, aint all that s*** people thinks..

Last edited:
Perhaps the small Jetta and a MSP stocker as the "big one"? Anyone know what sizes are the 300Z twins? Definitely route the piping so that the first turbo helps to spool the second.

And as far as intercoolers go... to save space is there any way for a top-mount or maybe a Vmount IC?

Ok, let me get this off my chest, HOLY ****** s***!!!!! I start the thread, go to dinner and i have 3 pages waiting for me, thanks for stickin up for me and thanks for the opinions, i am dead serious about making this work, and it will.

i feel better now, few, ok, gt28rs' are too big, been talking to some people and twin stockers will work without any doubt, the twin inlet IC is a great idea but not too much room for the tubing, if you guys saw in my sig i already have a CS front mount with custom tubing, i will need a bigger intercooler of course, all the tubing will be reused, the hot pipes from the turbos will go two into one like a smooth bending Y tube then into the existing tubing, custom mani will be made alot tighter than the stock one, meaning the turbo's will sit closer to the motor and it will have dual exhaust run under either the motor or tranny with highflow cats or catless and light weight mufflers then will end somewhat in the middle under the car, as for intake, the 626 will work but looking forward to the CS mani, filtering will be ran the same way on both turbo's, just like the Injen CAI but on both sides, i will replace the windshield sprayer tank with a smaller tank and mount it somewhere else, the A/C will probably be removed and maybe the power steering too, will use a Miata alternator due to it not needing to run to the ECU, i'm still not a hundred percent sure if i wanna do 4 cylinders to 2 turbo's or 2 cyliders to 1 turbo split, still have to think that one thru, the motor will be forged, head will be ported polished and blue printed, new injectors and rail will be fitting but it runs rich as it is, standalone will be mandatory, i'm lookin at the Megasquirt, it's an excellent option, just waitng for our buddy to finish it up, my Apexi AVC-R has the boost by gear option and boost by RPM option, tranny and LSD comes with time, boost will be set appropriatly then work on the tranny wil start, either welded LSD or the Quief, tad expensive tho but it is sexy, replace the gears, flywheel, clutch.

Alot of work lies ahead, wish me luck, i WILL make this happen.

Thank you & Stay tuned

Last edited:
oh oh idea. whynot just go with no intercooler that way the piping goes like 2 feet and its at the throttle body, then get meth injection to take care of cooling.

that can def be done, good idea but in the long run maybe not so good, even on race cars they would rather use an intercooler over meth injection

Last edited:
Ok, let me get this off my chest, HOLY ****** s***!!!!! I start the thread, go to dinner and i have 3 pages waiting for me, thanks for stickin up for me and thanks for the opinions, i am dead serious about making this work, and it will.

i feel better now, few, ok, gt28rs' are too big, been talking to some people and twin stockers will work without any doubt, the twin inlet IC is a great idea but not too much room for the tubing, if you guys saw in my sig i already have a CS front mount with custom tubing, i will need a bigger intercooler of course, all the tubing will be reused, the hot pipes from the turbos will go two into one like a smooth bending Y tube then into the existing tubing, custom mani will be made alot tighter than the stock one, meaning the turbo's will sit closer to the motor and it will have dual exhaust run under either the motor or tranny with highflow cats or catless and light weight mufflers then will end somewhat in the middle under the car, as for intake, the 626 will work but looking forward to the CS mani, filtering will be ran the same way on both turbo's, just like the Injen CAI but on both sides, i will replace the windshield sprayer tank with a smaller tank and mount it somewhere else, the A/C will probably be removed and maybe the power steering too, will use a Miata alternator due to it not needing to run to the ECU, i'm still not a hundred percent sure if i wanna do 4 cylinders to 2 turbo's or 2 cyliders to 1 turbo split, still have to think that one thru, the motor will be forged, head will be ported polished and blue printed, new injectors and rail will be fitting but it runs rich as it is, standalone will be mandatory, i'm lookin at the Megasquirt, it's an excellent option, just waitng for our buddy to finish it up, my Apexi AVC-R has the boost by gear option and boost by RPM option, tranny and LSD comes with time, boost will be set appropriatly then work on the tranny wil start, either welded LSD or the Quief, tad expensive tho but it is sexy, replace the gears, flywheel, clutch.

Alot of work lies ahead, wish me luck, i WILL make this happen.

Thank you & Stay tuned

You need to have a Bigger turbo as a brother.. they are good for low speeds , fast spooling.. but at high speed and RPM they just can handle it.. I had mine T25R Boosting 26 PSI spiking and holding 18. was insane at low speeds. but top end after 5k forget about it... T25 and GT2871R the best combo.. you should also set them up for Sequential. 1200 Rpm to 4500 fast ass spooling, abd 4600 to 8400 with the proper head job your 2871R. that s*** will be a ******* rocket at all of the stages of the car.. low speed, fast spooling.. High Speed Full Boost Big Boy Power.. and try to make it AC and Power Steering Ready. that way you'll have all of the options available.. my vision about your project.. Don't ******* listen to people that says is not posible and is useless. you have a dream. accomplish it.. just like they were telling me.. Im going with a GT3571R turbo and big with eveything you can think of.. Useless ?.. don't care what people thinks i'll have a mosnter when it's done.. ALEJO_NIN knows what my s*** is all about when done..

Here is my Car Domain Site check my mod list. you can start from there. just a little help and I still have to update for new parts im adding.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2315771/1

Last edited:
You need to have a Bigger turbo as a brother.. they are good for low speeds , fast spooling.. but at high speed and RPM they just can handle it.. I had mine T25R Boosting 26 PSI spiking and holding 18. was insane at low speeds. but top end after 5k forget about it... T25 and GT2871R the best combo.. you should also set them up for Sequential. 1200 Rpm to 4500 fast ass spooling, abd 4600 to 8400 with the proper head job your 2871R. that s*** will be a ******* rocket at all of the stages of the car.. low speed, fast spooling.. High Speed Full Boost Big Boy Power.. and try to make it AC and Power Steering Ready. that way you'll have all of the options available.. my vision about your project.. Don't ******* listen to people that says is not posible and is useless. you have a dream. accomplish it.. just like they were telling me.. Im going with a GT3571R turbo and big with eveything you can think of.. Useless ?.. don't care what people thinks i'll have a mosnter when it's done.. ALEJO_NIN knows what my s*** is all about when done..

Definately a great setup to keep in mind, i have to go sit down with someone face to face and discuss my ideas, thank you for your support, we all have dreams, your car will be a total beast, build 'em right, run 'em hard :)

This looks just sick, I couldn't imagine how it would sound. Anyway, hope these help give you some ideas.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/SEMAproducts17c.jpg

SEMAproducts17c.jpg

turbo_bd_super_b_twin.jpg

supratt.jpg
250px-Twinturbo.JPG

excellent pics, turbo's are just a tad to big haha, great setups

yeah, the last one was for just the O'Damn sakes.

I think the first two are a good idea, but it all depends on if your going to looks or for power I guess. The first two seem like they are very efficient with one working off another like that. Really neat to see it all tied in together.

to save space, you can always just put a screen over the turbo inlets instead of having long piping and a fat filter. A lot of DSM & supra/rx7 guys do that, works fine.

No intercooler would work fine for a drag-only car, I saw a 9-second 'teg the other day like that. But for a daily driver as you said this would be, you gotta have an IC, and you'll need a BIG one. Will the IC piping need to be larger than the CS pipes i wonder?

a partial Meth/water-injection system might be a good idea too. It'll help cool the s*** down and will add a lot of safe power. your cpu could maybe handle that as well?

I really wanna see this happen.

you guys are silly. Put one under the hood and one in the trunk. Duh

edit: see attached - or better yet, one in the passenger seat!

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    495.1 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
i dont know alot about turbos but what is that setup where they have the turbo on the exhaust. once again i dont know how that one works but maybe that would work. i have seen on mustng bullets they have there supercharger like they should then have turbos on the exhuast under the cars before the mufflers

now there's an idea... Supercharge AND turbo that s***! That could be done right? Probably easier too...

oh. my. god. holy. hell. that. is. sick.

he could probably run that s*** without any combustible mixture at all. Just straight air! good GOD!

well if that has been done, i say your TT is for sure do-able. that engine bay is TIGHT.

WWWWOOOO!!!! now he just need to get clearence from the FAA when he starts the car so that when he starts flying he isnt gonna get shot down. HOLY SHNIKES!

Back