RSES Question

palooka23

Anyone out there with the RSES notice that movies play at a much lower volume than CD, Radio or Sat.? My kids were watching a movie, and in order to play at a level where the lower dialouge was intelligible, I had to basically crank it up to the 40's on my dial. Of course when I changed to the Sat. I almost crashed from the loudness.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

I noticed the same thing now that you mention it. It is rare that I would listen to what the dvd is playing, but I did have to crank it quite a bit.

Just used the RSES on a road trip, what great sound!, when I've read on sites that say it actually rivals some home theater systems, they are right. Only one major shortfall I see with the RSES though-Only control is via the remote. Thats mostly fine-and the remote with it's handy seatback holder is great, BUT if you happened to be without a fresh battery for it, middle of a trip, not near a store that carries those little batteries-your out of luck even getting it to play past the previews. It auto starts upon putting in the DVD, plays the trailers, gets to the "menu" and without a remote there is no way ( I can find) to hit "play movie". (My Lincoln Navigator allows the Nav screen to control the RSES if needed-a nice option.)

Just used the RSES on a road trip, what great sound!, when I've read on sites that say it actually rivals some home theater systems, they are right. Only one major shortfall I see with the RSES though-Only control is via the remote. Thats mostly fine-and the remote with it's handy seatback holder is great, BUT if you happened to be without a fresh battery for it, middle of a trip, not near a store that carries those little batteries-your out of luck even getting it to play past the previews. It auto starts upon putting in the DVD, plays the trailers, gets to the "menu" and without a remote there is no way ( I can find) to hit "play movie". (My Lincoln Navigator allows the Nav screen to control the RSES if needed-a nice option.)

This is the time to learn to rip DVDs and take out all the menus and extras. I have done this with all my sons DVD movies so that as soon as I put them in they start playing. DVD Shrink works well.

Fantastic, I was hoping there was a work-around. I do plan on having an extra battery for the remote in the glovebox but thanks for the solutions!

Back