Roof Rack Fairing Issue...

KyleSpence

:
Mazda 3 sport Hatchback 6 speed manual
Yesterday i bought a Thule roof rack for my Mazda 3 Hatch, i installed the towers and bars all perfectly fine using the fixed points, but i am having troubles with the Fairing, I can not get the thing on straight! It is the correct size for my car, i made sure of that. But when i attach it all on only the middle touches the roof of the car, while the left and right sides wont, they curve up, and even when i push them both down i have to use a lot of force to do it. Has anyone ever had this problem? im using the 38" Fairing. I just want it to lie flat on the roof like it should. Any help would be great thank you!

Make sure you attach the fairing to the load bars as shown below:

IMG_0124.jpg

The two inner attachment points are at the end closest to the fairing whereas the two outer ones, closest to the load bars. Hope this makes sense.

Hmm.. I ended up getting the smaller fairing, i exchanged them. I have to idea why the 38" didnt fit, because it was the correct size, and i did everything right. i even called Thule and the guy told me exactly what to do but it still did not work.. Thank you for the help man!

Back