Romanian Mazda 2

mihaidd

:
2008 Mazda 2 TE Plus 2008
Ok, this topic has been a long time waiting, never really had the time to write here on the US forum.
So... 2008 Mazda 2 1.3 with everything on it, here it's called "Te Plus" brilliant black, got it after some rather hard financial effort to get a credit from the bank, would have gone for the 1.5 but I didn't have the money right then and besides, I wanted some fuel economy for long trips, since for the previous 3 years I was a Nexia LPG (very economic).

So, first mods done:
- painted the rims black (FAIL)
- painted brake calipers and drums in racing red (success)
- installed a cheap sport muffler (success)
- installed a panel filter from K&N which I later on sold to another 2 owner (success, fail economic-wise)
- bought a JBL GTO 75.4 amp from a friend
- powder coated rims flat black (success)
- painted the mazda emblems glossy black (success)
- 2 red striped on the car, I don't longer have them on the car (success)
- black tints on the rear windows (95%) and 27% on the front windows (success)
- black foil on the tail lights and the Lucas side signals (success)

Next stage with mods done:
- H&R lowering springs -40mm
- H&R spacers - 25mm on each side, for the rear axle
- LED light bulbs all over, inside and out (except for the headlights and fog lights of course)
- LED red footlights for all four passengers
- LED white light in the glove compartment
- LED red light in the opening where you stick your hand to open the trunk
- fitted a BMC DIA 70-130 cold air intake, following the advice from the guys from VDS Racing Greece, they put the same air filter on the 1.5 with very good results.
- fully dressed the car in flat white and glossy orange, using Oracal products
- powder coated rims glossy white
- stickered on some decals, some decals are still being drawed (vectorized in Corel)
- installed an In Phase XTB 10R subwoofer (pretty small, but very powerful. I still got room in my trunk, yey! )

Wait, not done with the text...

Next mods:
- custom exhaust, using 48mm pipe, custom header and custom Lambda fitting to trick the ECU (I'm keeping the cheap sport muffler since the sound is amazing)
- ECU remap - rated at 95bhp and a +13Nm, hopefully it will be more since I have the (very effective) intake and the custom exhaust
- Turbo project - postponed for next year - target is 0,5 bar with a boost controller, will fit an intercooler and water spray on the intercooler, I'll need it for the summer

My OLD Mazda 2 album is here:
album

I will upload the newest pics to Imageshack in just a second, so that everyone can see the recent photos I have of the car.

10x

Last edited:
I read it all! Love the mods. Clean and not over the top. May consider one of these cars when they hit the states for the girlfriend.

I just contacted the guys with the remap, a new company here ( I think), they said they got the remap I need, and also for my friends with the 1.5
I'll try to get some info from them, to see what software maker they are dealers for, maybe you can find it locally or convince a local dealer to source you the remap.

Pictures with the engine and intake... donno, in the weekend I hope.

I just contacted the guys with the remap, a new company here ( I think), they said they got the remap I need, and also for my friends with the 1.5
I'll try to get some info from them, to see what software maker they are dealers for, maybe you can find it locally or convince a local dealer to source you the remap.

Pictures with the engine and intake... donno, in the weekend I hope.

1000 tnx... a video of 0-160 kms would be cool ... have some doubts about the tranny

jejeje... (headbang)

I can make a 0-160 video in the weekend, and after the ECU remap (january I think :( ), I'll get a dyno sheet of the car :)

very unique combi of colors.
dont think i can ever spot something close in my country.

Btw, how did u paint the Logo of center caps red?
from what i know the logo is tgt with the center rim caps.

very unique combi of colors.
dont think i can ever spot something close in my country.
Btw, how did u paint the Logo of center caps red?
from what i know the logo is tgt with the center rim caps.
Only the center caps are red, the mazda emblem is the original silver.
And they are separate pieces of plastic, no problem with painting them separate or whatever you want.
In what country won't you see this kind of colour combi? :)

tell me.. the process for the black emblem is easy? I like to do it my panda
It's pretty simple, yeah.
Just take them off, sand them down (a lot) with sanding paper, I would recommend a rough grit first... you have to eat through a lot of that silver to take the shine away.

Then you can clean it with paint thinner (primer sticks a bit better), give it 2 coats of primer, two coats of paint, and two coats of clear lacquer.
The emblem must be placed front side up (it will stay horizontal with it's fixing pins, but for the trunk badge you will have to make a paper shape, for it to stand on (so that it will be horizontal).

Only the center caps are red, the mazda emblem is the original silver.
And they are separate pieces of plastic, no problem with painting them separate or whatever you want.
In what country won't you see this kind of colour combi? :)

in my tiny island call singapore if u heard of it.
Here people are less creative and their sense of aesthetic is not as strong.
& thanks for the clear explanation regarding the rim caps.
I never know they are separated.

Ok, some info I found, through necessity:

The only clutch kit I found is made by Exedy.
The info UK/JP is different, but you can get an idea.

UK site:
http://www.exedy.co.uk/index.php?ma...ts&my_page=sports&q=Mazda DEMIO&submit=Search
flywheel kit or simple kit.

Japan part number search/correlation with OEM:
Pressure plate // Mazda OEM P/N ZJ01-16-410 // Exedy P/N MZC652
Clutch disc // Mazda OEM P/N ZJ02-16-460 // Exedy P/N MZD115U
Pressure bearing // Mazda OEM P/N FP01-16-516 // Sachs P/N : 3151600503 or 3151858001 (I don't know if both Sachs part numbers are correct)
Exedy Japan does not have a P/N for the pressure bearing.

I asked for prices from two local Romanian suppliers, and I also sent an email to Exedy UK and asked them for UK MSRP prices (see the link above, two types of clutch kits).
I'll let you know the prices, but as a reference, Exedy JP gives us MSRPprices:
- 93 USD for the clutch plate
- 82 USD for the clutch disk
these prices seem acceptable...

Last edited:
Some brake pads I found:
Autoexe:
http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c216122534
http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c216122536
(use google toolbar for translation or insert the links at translate.google.com and hit translate)

Dixcel
http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j61462130
(Dixcel also has some simple ventilated disks)

Acre:
Sport - http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v45220336
Formula (forDY, DW and DE, there's a table with partnumbers down there) - http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t125125400

10x

Back