Rock through lower grill, anybody do a McGyver and make their own for replacement

urmnymkr

As explained hole in grill. Looking to perhaps make one with metal grating of some sort. Anybody do this? Results?

Not necessarily. Bazooka Joe used some Wings West mesh to replace his lower grill. He had it powdercoated black and it looks good.

Sorry, MacGyver conjures up images of duct tape and chewing gum. Combine that with chicken wire = ghetto.

It can be done nicely though, I was just taking a crack at those who do it to compliment their stick-on vents.

Sorry, MacGyver conjures up images of duct tape and chewing gum. Combine that with chicken wire = ghetto.

It can be done nicely though, I was just taking a crack at those who do it to compliment their stick-on vents.

No worries, just wanted to say that it can and has been done the right way.

BTW I'm still wondering when they made a v-8 Civic....I have seen one locally with 4 fender vents on each side?

Thanks for the help on the grill!

Thanks for the help---I am inspired. Will pass up the chewing gum and duct tape during application.

Looking at getting some mesh and cutting out the pattern and applying. There will be some liberal use of tin snips and perhaps some blood by accident. This is a low tech approach which may come out pretty nice. the car is black and am thinking of going with the stock mesh silver for the contrast of color, thinking it may look pretty good---if not I pull it off and paint it.

That is my biggest annoyance. People with stick on fender vents. Who are you fooling?!?!? Matter of fact there really isn't a need for fender vents for most cars other then looks. To me it screams half-assery.
As to the lower mesh, do what makes you happy and what you think your car should look like. All of us want our own cars with their own look or else we wouldn't spend the hundreds of dollars for upgrades.

Back