Rico's build thread.

Yeah dont listen to AJ turbo first. and once you get the turbo your gonna want to get those coilovers so do what i did and just buy piece by piece until you get all thats needed.

looks like at the 185k im at I personally dont feel comfortable boosting it (even tho i want to so bad). ill hold off for that until motor needs rebuild and do it all at once with an aftermarket solid kit instead. for now ill focus on finishing the looks/suspension.

404431_10150521538266034_505456033_9544133_1748270341_n.jpg

interior getting done soon

Just a heads up, I supercharged with no rebuild at 167000 miles. And the motor has shown no signs of wear since. It also only cost me about 700$. Less than turbo by a lot. Let me know if you have any questions... Oh and I'm making very similar numbers to a msp, lightly nodded while I'm at 3 psi, and can turn the blower off. The restrixtion in airflow when off actually helped my fuel economy.

yeah i wanted to SC to be different and i miss the whine from the SS i had. but with sc as far as I read you cant run ac and i need ac in tx :/ smh yeah i mean idk i wanna boost 5psi most for now. nothing for power just have boost and bov lol

yeah i wanted to SC to be different and i miss the whine from the SS i had. but with sc as far as I read you cant run ac and i need ac in tx :/ smh yeah i mean idk i wanna boost 5psi most for now. nothing for power just have boost and bov lol

If you want to keep your AC then just run a nice turbo setup, take your time and do things properly and you will save money in the long run no point in rushing to have boost and changing things to make it run properly..

Did you figure out the rails for your seats yet? and what are your covering in the plaid?

^ true thats y ill be waiting. and doing a full aftermarket set up only oil fed. and yeah ill order the ones you showed me just need to measure the lenght/width of brackets to send them with the order. and for the plaid sorta what OG sker guy did. He beat me to it lol, front pillars, seat belt pillars and probably the mirror for now. then the side of the doors black and the headliner black im thinking

so I want real bride seats and found a nice set locally but decided to not get them and sell the bucket seats i have now. I will not purchase anything else thats a big about until I HAVE THE air ride. so thats the only thing ill buy anytime soon when I can. Have to dedicate my self to it and stop talking about it lol. its really what i want so the goal is to have it by early march if not earlier.

need to post extra hids i have with mishimoto ballast for sale and stock headlghts too. I need to find the pic on how to do the sign required on here to sell

just need a sign in the pic with this:

Puertorico
2/6/12 (or whatever date your gonna take the pic)
mazdas247

so I want real bride seats and found a nice set locally but decided to not get them and sell the bucket seats i have now. I will not purchase anything else thats a big about until I HAVE THE air ride. so thats the only thing ill buy anytime soon when I can. Have to dedicate my self to it and stop talking about it lol. its really what i want so the goal is to have it by early march if not earlier.

need to post extra hids i have with mishimoto ballast for sale and stock headlghts too. I need to find the pic on how to do the sign required on here to sell

username, forum name and current date for the piece of paper in your FS thread.

like speed said...

roger that never sold nothing here on a fs thread. well i did but they pm me and we went from there lol

anyone with retros has/ has had any problems with their up and down adjuster and knows how to fix it or anything? my driver side one wont adjust. pass side one works perfectly and ah lights not being even is driving me nuts!!!

the drivers side light is supposed to be a bit lower then the passenger side light if you want them adjusted properly..

yeah this one is off a tad bit more than what it should. but the adjuster that your spin to move it down or up seems to no be grabbing/working . will i have to open the headlight? :/ lol

yeah this one is off a tad bit more than what it should. but the adjuster that your spin to move it down or up seems to no be grabbing/working . will i have to open the headlight? :/ lol

If they are originally made by MattV I would open it and make sure it was done properly and not rushed to finish. Its not that hard to do and would give you piece of mind.

link to how he did them...

Last edited:
yeah never done it. i dont want to eff it up . i know my friend does them too but he is always too busy. maybe i find someone else that will do it with me to be on the safe side . but yeah definatelly will give me piece of mind.

changed oil and re did the adjustable end links as i was instructed by members on here.

hopefully start on the interior soon and might be picking up some megan trailing arms for now since i cant get the ones on the group buy for 200 lol

Back