Removal or bottom grille

:
2008 Mazda 3 sedan speed:)
Has anyone done this? Is there clips or does it need to be cut out? I have looked but i cant find anything on it... Any help is appreciated

Thank you,
Zachary

I don't know, but your signature makes you seem like a prick, I have a feeling you give M3 owners a bad name on a daily basis.

I havnt done it, but Baundiesel whats up with you critisizing someone for their signature. Calm down find some humor in it. Just because of a signature you made an bogus assumption.... (fuoops)

I guess you get how an outside view would understand the slight hypocrisy of that statement? As in, if you drive defensively no one should ever flip you off as you aren't making aggressive/stupid moves. I will take your word that you are a skilled, calm, and safe driver. Good day sir. :]

wow. never seen someone come at a sig like that. i dunno if this help bud. but on my 06 there are screws ( you know the weird one mazda uses, plastic clips basicly that have a phillips head lol) that hold mine on. had to remove it the other day to run some piping for the new intercooler.

what a waste of a thread. Bump for the OP's question, I am curious as well for when I work on the wifeys one day

thanks i appreciate the input folks haha. im waiting for utah to get warm so i will be motivated to actually look into it

Are you looking to replace it with something like this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GXT-07-08-09...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230d2ef242

or this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/04-05-06-Maz...s&fits=Make:Mazda|Model:3&hash=item3cae13d504

.....or are you just looking to remove it completely?

Here's what I found:

1) Jack up the front end
2) Remove underbelly plastic guards
3) reach in with a small flathead screwdriver
4) Pop out all the push clips as you push out
5) will come right out

This is for the honeycomb grill on a 04-06 hatch

I am looking for a mesh grill(like the top) but not just a put over the top one. I have a 2008 sedan haha. but i will try!!

its clips dude, with a screw or two, problem is that your ambient air temperature sensor is mounted to it so your gonna have to move that mounting point els where,it needs to be able to sense the air passing by it. nothing you can't do yourself :) you have to remove the front bumper to remove it properly , but if you don't mind smashing the grill you will have access to the screws :)

i moved my temp sensor, i went right behind the crossbeam inside of the upper grille, i will take pics of it when i get home today and post i. My horns were in the upper grille so i moved them into my fenderwell. I have an 08 also. It is just a few screws and clips, im not sure if they are doublelocking clips or not. its in there tight, but its not a Super pain to get out. i just ramped the front, pulled the foreward plastiplate off (pull rear too, i didnt... it came off last time i was tracking goin 115, Whoops!), Then just follow the plastic and pull the screws and pop the clips. Dont be afraid to use pressure! its gonna need it.

Back