rar40941's build thread

B15EB130-9404-41A6-A067-22D0D79850F8-796-0000011AF7BB2406.jpg

D7DD165E-219C-4487-83E6-CF324C6EC107-796-0000011AEE37195B.jpg

Can someone explain what a daily driven track car is?

eBay seats+ eBay harness is just asking for it especially considering you have no air bag. Not trying to bash but its seriously a huge safety concern at that point. Not only for you but your passengers. My brother has a cheap harness set up in his civic and I refuse to ride in it because of it.

For your own safety get a daily and keep this on the track or use the oem seat belt. Besides those un adjustable eBay seats are uncomfortable as hell plus a harness no way I'd be in there for more than 5 minutes

Dude they aren't ebay seats lol they are f1 specs and the harnesses are used in Formula one and Pro racing. Valid until 2015. Made in Japan
FIA T/98 approved

Dude they aren't ebay seats lol they are f1 specs and the harnesses are used in Formula one and Pro racing. Valid until 2015. Made in Japan
FIA T/98 approved

ouch! can feel the burn all the way over here :p

anyways, love your ride dude.

Just one Question for ya... Trunk braces... realistically... worth it? or not so much? do you have a noticeable difference over just a rear strut brace?

Can someone explain what a daily driven track car is?

eBay seats+ eBay harness is just asking for it especially considering you have no air bag. Not trying to bash but its seriously a huge safety concern at that point. Not only for you but your passengers. My brother has a cheap harness set up in his civic and I refuse to ride in it because of it.

For your own safety get a daily and keep this on the track or use the oem seat belt. Besides those un adjustable eBay seats are uncomfortable as hell plus a harness no way I'd be in there for more than 5 minutes

A daily driven track car is something which you use as a daily commute to and from work. which you also use to enjoy yourself and have some fun on the track.
Just because its a "Track car" doesn't mean it needs to be Hard Edge flat out track weapon!
There are all different kinds of levels for a "track car".

open your mind a little and you may understand.

Its about Compromise... and how much of each category you are compromising and improving.... I mean... The name even suggests that!
maybe before jumping to conclusions about certain products you should ask the right questions.
e.g. "what harness' did you get... are they approved? etc.
if people did more of that... and less of the jumping to conclusions.. the world would be a better place

to rar - Enjoy your Car buddy! the track is loads of fun and an absolute Blast! Even in a completely stock car :)
so long as you enjoy the car both daily and on the track... That's my idea of a Daily Track car...

I think it makes a bit of a difference. I think u need all the parts that go with it though like the v brace and sway bar and stuff cause if u don't I think it will be just like a strut bar. But I do feel the difference.when I go out of big drive ways and on sharpe turns

A daily driven track car is something which you use as a daily commute to and from work. which you also use to enjoy yourself and have some fun on the track.
Just because its a "Track car" doesn't mean it needs to be Hard Edge flat out track weapon!
There are all different kinds of levels for a "track car".

open your mind a little and you may understand.

Its about Compromise... and how much of each category you are compromising and improving.... I mean... The name even suggests that!
maybe before jumping to conclusions about certain products you should ask the right questions.
e.g. "what harness' did you get... are they approved? etc.
if people did more of that... and less of the jumping to conclusions.. the world would be a better place

to rar - Enjoy your Car buddy! the track is loads of fun and an absolute Blast! Even in a completely stock car :)
so long as you enjoy the car both daily and on the track... That's my idea of a Daily Track car...

Thanks man I just enjoy the look and love feeling like I am in a track car I think I need to get another set of wheels and track my car one day cause I really want to see what it is like

Just track your car on the street tyres you are running man. Brothers EVO 8 MR does about 600km's per week.
Current set of continental contact 3's have also seen 4 track days.... Tyres have been on the car for 35000km's and still have more left... Realistically 50000'km these tyres will achieve.

So long as you aren't stupid and don't fly into corners wayyyyyyy to hot and you dot absolutely torch your front tyres... The wear won't be that riduclous.

If you haven't taken your car on te track before and you want to "test the waters" don't bother with another set of rims/ tyres. Give it a go on street tread. If you get addicted (which you will) then go and get another set of rims and tyres :)

Regarding the trunk brace - thanks peeps... Te general vibe I get is that it's generally not really worth the money ad can be better spent elsewhere.
I do have all those supporting mods (plus more)... But think my $$$ will go elsewhere.

FIA T/98 approved

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=111001558554&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=40525486748 you mean these seats? If they were used in formula one I doubt they would be that cheap. They have eBay all over them

As for the harness they look more like takata knock off.

Was just trying to explain the importance of stuff but its not my safety. I've seen what happens when you go cheap with s*** like that and its not pretty

Rar - I like it! yeah - you got some serious poke and stretch - I'd say find a set of cheapy-16's and some decent tires (can be had for 3-400 bucks for all if you look well enough) then hit the track for some TnT. Tracktime/seattime is fun as hell man! It teaches you the limits of what you have, where it can be improved (everything from suspension setup to gearing and that's just the mechanicals - it also teaches you how to really DRIVE your car to the max.)

Pay no attention to the hater. They always seem to have to get their $.02 in.....it just becomes more of a nuisance than anything when they constantly try to s*** in your yard....

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=111001558554&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=40525486748 you mean these seats? If they were used in formula one I doubt they would be that cheap. They have eBay all over them

As for the harness they look more like takata knock off.

Was just trying to explain the importance of stuff but its not my safety. I've seen what happens when you go cheap with s*** like that and its not pretty

I didn't buy my seats on eBay I bought them from a friend. He forgot what they where and he finally figured it out they are f1 specs. That seat does look really close to mine though. The harness I got them on while Sail they didn't have any weighting in them and they said they where aproved. That's y I got them. Ya I have seen guy crash with fake s*** too and they where fine. It really depends on how good the knock off is made

Rar - I like it! yeah - you got some serious poke and stretch - I'd say find a set of cheapy-16's and some decent tires (can be had for 3-400 bucks for all if you look well enough) then hit the track for some TnT. Tracktime/seattime is fun as hell man! It teaches you the limits of what you have, where it can be improved (everything from suspension setup to gearing and that's just the mechanicals - it also teaches you how to really DRIVE your car to the max.)

Pay no attention to the hater. They always seem to have to get their $.02 in.....it just becomes more of a nuisance than anything when they constantly try to s*** in your yard....

Thanks man ya u was thinking about it but right now I have ither stuff to get don. I am trying to get ready for wekfest this year. I think it's going to be in may it June this year. so I am really Stoked

I'm hoping the harnesses aren't installed in these pictures because I'm seeing several things wrong. Also, 4-point harness WILL cause submarining regardless of how tight they are. IIRC, the only FIA/SFI-approved 4-point harness is Schroth's "ASM" line of harnesses, which you obviously don't have. I also don't see any tags/marking on either the seats and harnesses with the proper FIA/SFI certification so I'm going to have to take your word with a grain of salt. My advice: pull everything out, do more research on how to properly install "race" safety equipment, then reinstall correctly before playing racecar driver. Sorry to be so harsh but you're going to get yourself hurt in an accident and this thread is spreading false information.

As far as 'F1 seats', thats not something to really worry about...There is no 'supplier' of F1 seats, at least currently...They're always 100% custom for the specific F1 car they're going in...and more specifically...built from a mold taken from the exact driver sitting in it...They're also now usually integrated into the carbon fiber tub to begin with...a single true F1 seat cost more money than any of our proteges, guaranteed...Its just one of thousands of parts that make an F1 car cost over 5 million dollars...and thats just in parts, let alone the millions in research and development they go through year to year just in design...

but what Rar said holds; its the FIA sanctions on them that are relevant...F1 seats, like many forms of racing, have to be built to certain specifications and pass FIA testing...Many road car offerings are built to these specs...and if you're sure about the testing, they're perfectly safe as far as build quality...

So not getting into the debate, just wanted to point that out...If you ever see a company saying 'true F1 seats for sale' or something...look elsewhere...

Glad you at least have the proper setup for a harness. See too many noobs just mount them straight to the floor.

They go over a harness bar mounted to what looks to be a half cage, cross each other and are mounted to the rear seat section intead of being ran through the seat and mounted straight to the floor. Nothing to kid about here.

They go over a harness bar mounted to what looks to be a half cage, cross each other and are mounted to the rear seat section intead of being ran through the seat and mounted straight to the floor. Nothing to kid about here.

Shoulder straps should not be crossed unless using a HANS or the length from the seat to the harness bar is >18". I'm quite positive he's not using a HANS but it is possible the distance is >18" (can't tell from photo). At the very least the shoulder straps should be mounted to the roll bar itself and not merely bent around it. In the current condition there's nothing prevening the straps from shifting side-to-side. Here's some good reading material:

http://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2009_Competition_Instructions.pdf
http://www.gforce.com/pdf/Harness_Install_Info.pdf

Of course the final say always comes from some kind of sanctioning organization but that obviously doesn't apply here as this is not, nor ever will be a racecar.

Latest posts

Back