Radio Notifications

ddingle

:
2020 CX5 Sig
I was getting continuous on screen notifications of messages from my phone via Bluetooth on the screen of the nav/radio system,so I turned these notifications off in the setup menu. I would then get a "notifications are turned off voice announcement everytime I started the car with the phone with me which is fine,but all of a sudden the system stopped giving the voice notification,but still interrupts radio with a blank no sound break. Like it wants to tell me the notifications are off,but the voice doesn't work. Is there something wrong or am I missing something in settings? This is a 2015 Grand Touring with the nav package. Thanks!

Last edited:
I took my CX5 in to a dealer for the gas filler pipe recall and mentioned the problem with the notification issues. They found there was a firmware update available for my 2015's entertainment/navigation system. The notification system is now working and the navigation system is much more accurate now. It used to lose track of where I was and seemed clunky. Works better now,but I use Google maps for most any trip for the traffic info.

Back