Qwik6's 2001 Corvette

See my sig. That is the drop I will be going with along with the PC gloss black wheels.

Got to see this car today, looks awesome!
Picture156.jpg

yea lol i have a whole case of them in my room and then i saw the yellow vette and thought HMMM. lol.

yup z06

Went out today and bought new spark plugs and a can of seafoam. Went with some acdelco iridiums. Stopped by my amsoil dealer and decided to run amsoil front to rear in this car just like the mazda. Went with 5w-30 high performance motor oil. Amsoil filter. ATF for the tranny. 75w-90 sever duty fo the differential and a pack of additive. tomororow I am going to napa to get a fuel filter and some msd spark plug wires.

My zaino paint cleaner and polish came today. The lowering bolts come tomorrow. I will be lowering the car this weekend once its up on the lift. Then changing oil and fuel filter why it is up.

I need to drive u to zip-corvette in the morning. So glad this place is only 45 minutes from me. I am gonna buy the CAGS plug and the front outter air dams. Which were removed for the front lip.

Updates :D

Friday afternoon I removed the rear spoiler and the side trims on the door. Friday evening I washed and clayed the car. I then cleaned the engine bay with some simple green. that stuff worked great and now the engine bay looks brand new. I then followed up with ziano paint cleaner, and swirl removal. I put on 2 coats of ziano polish followed with the paint sealer. Came back with with the gloss enhancer and followed with another coat of sealer last night. I also went ahead and repainted those side air ducts since the black was chipping off from rocks.

Saturday I went back to the shop where I got the corvette. We worked a deal with the owner to swap rear bumpers off my car and another yellow vette in the parking lot that way he got a spoiler out of the deal and I got a rear bumper with no holes from that spoiler. He let me and my dad use the lift in the back of his shop to swap the bumpers. Pretty cool guy. He also offered me an aftermarket head unit with satellite radio. All I had to do was just swap mine out with theirs.

I went ahead and seafoamed the car this morning. It was a 10 minute smoke storm! I must have smoked the entire street. Overall the motor is a lot more responsive. I changed the oil out to Amsoil 5w-30. Also got the front and rear lowering bolts in. and to my surprise I have Bilstein shocks! I got in the fronts after a lot of cusing. I set them to the lowest setting which only gave me a 1.25" drop in the front. I have no idea how others are dropping the fronts anymore than mine since now my bolts are resting on the control arm. The rears were piece of cake. I did a 2" drop. Leveled out the car since the rear sits up so high. I still had another inch of drop to play with in the rear. And can raise it an inch higher at the fullest setting. But this is a nice drop. Should be fine for everyday driving. Though I do only have 4.5" of ground clearance under the car.

After this was all finished I put in some fresh spark plug and wires. Went with some iridiums from autozone. Nice plug and many run these. I found out the gaping that comes on them is .045. I hear that its best to have .050 - .060. I set them to around .055. The plugs I pulled out were fairly new and talk about a major b**** to change. I cracked one plug in half removing it. But the plugs in it were at .040.

Here are some new pics of the new look. I decided to keep the wheels chrome. I also love the clean look without that banana spoiler or that door trim.

5049645159_6080b0be2e_z.jpg

5050264540_23d092da98_z.jpg

5050264458_ed58378ee3_z.jpg

5050264372_892bac6fee_z.jpg

5049650531_025128e37d_z.jpg

5050269714_da212be61b_z.jpg

5049645655_caeafec197_b.jpg

5050264602_5665c1e184_z.jpg

5049650669_06d05a1787_z.jpg

5049650725_b47f9818a3_z.jpg

5050270158_586bdf3bd9_b.jpg

5050270256_95b43c8a5c_z.jpg

5049650817_f20a4b46b2_z.jpg

Wow, the car looks MUCH cleaner with the sides gone and the spoiler and lip removed. The stance looks mean now too.

One thing I've always liked with the C5/C6 is when they paint the roof and B-pillar trim black and leave the rest body color, since some of the trim is already black and it flows really well.

Did that new rear bumper come with new tails as well, or did I just not notice them before?

Thanks dudes. The tails were there when I got it. They are euro spec tails. Instead of lighting red with the turn signal they light amber.

I still hope the front end drops another half inch. They say you need to drive it for a few days for the suspension to settle then go for an alignment. So maybe there is some more drop to be had in the front. As soon as the weather is dry I will take it out the garage and go for a ride. Hopefully ride comfort wasnt too sacrificed. but I need to get some rear shots. It looks so mean from the rear and side now since the stance is a lot lower. It really completes the look of the car and gets rid of the 4x4.

This car is getting one hell of a good turnaround. I just scrolled through the initial pics and recent ones and it's a huge step in the right direction IMO.

Thanks guys! No pics with me and my dads yet. We need to take some together. He helped me out a lot on the lowering kit. I was ready to give up and he stepped in and helped. He then asked me how much the kit was as if he was interested in lowering his now too. I am pretty much done exterior wise. May go with some led tails and a couple little things. then I am going to the interior. the engine bay I will just leave like it is with the exception of some painted fuel rail covers.

I still didnt get to the fuel filter, trans, and differential fluid change yet. the car seems to be liking the amsoil. I will probably change it in a year or so.

wait... you want pics... but do not post pics of your own car after talking about all fo the cleaning you have done to it?

ha

but seriously... pics?

Latest posts

Back