Qwik6's 2001 Corvette

Qwik6

:
2001 Corvette coupe
Sorry guys. The time has come for me to leave this platform. I have been wanting a V8 for a little while now. I have always loved the vettes. I came across one last saturday and had to have it. So far I love it. It is completely different than driving the speed6 daily. And in a good way. Mine has it's quirks than need to be worked out but nothing too major. Here are the pics thus far! (nana)

5017008482_3c9b7a755f_b.jpg

5016989654_c9587164fb_b.jpg

5016989582_4789512014_b.jpg

5016989394_da91a8bbda_b.jpg

5016989286_3cc911c37e_b.jpg

5016989224_eff748b4f4_b.jpg

5016383131_eac9bfa9bb_b.jpg

5016988954_2c40b33cbb_b.jpg

Specs: 2001 Corvette (6-speed) 5.7L LS1

Mods:
-Headers
-Cam & Head work
-Full exhaust
-Twin Cold Air Intake (not in pictures)
-Euro Tail Lights
-C5 ZO6 Wheels

Planned Mods:
-Lowering bolts (2" Drop)
-Front Lip Delete
-Debadge (so no one will know what kind of car it is . . . )
-Powder coat these ZO6 wheel a semi gloss black
-Fresh tires. Maybe a little something wider in the rear.
-Get this baby fine tuned
-AFR Gauge
-Dash kit for aftermarket head unit
-New stereo
-Different gauge faces
-New door sill gaurds
-New console cover
-Possibly new seat covers
-LED Tails
-Flush mount rear spoiler
-Rear bumper black out exhaust surround
-Smoked front parking lights

It has been a great 4 years guys. I'm gonna miss this community. Now I can go be a noob on the vette forums. I should be having my car up for sale here very soon. So please someone buy my baby! I hate to get rid of her but I cannot afford insurance on both. She has been great and never had any major issues. I got it exactly how I wanted and now it's time to move on.

Last edited:
Ouch...

I'm looking at $365 per tire on mine.

Subbing to see how this turns out. Lots of potential.

Awesome, I love 'vettes. Maybe I should casually troll AutoTrader and CL for a C6. Glad to hear you're going with a lip spoiler; that current one is hideous.

Welcome to the V8 Club.. what your planning on doing to the car is really gonna set it off man, its looks sexy now but with those subtle changes i think it'll look ******* awesome.. nice choice. :)

Thanks guys. I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow morning so they can change the thermostat ad change the coolant. It gets up to 235 cruising at 55 and can get up past 250 at idle.

I tried to drive the car up on bricks today but it kept just pushing them. It looks like that front lip is bolted to the stock bumper. The bumper might have to come off if there is a nut on the other side of that bolt. As for the rear spoiler I am not sure. It is probably bolted on too. I will have to get the flush mount spoiler to cover those holes up.

I am gonna go ahead and order the lowering kit. I can fit all 4 fingers in there and still have wiggle room. I dont wanna drop it too low as I noticed the transmission and all is already a few inches from the ground. Maybe 1.5". This will be my daily driver so no real agressive drop.

I am also noticing the car doesnt want to go into 2nd gear. Just like the speed6 but worse. I will have the dealer look at this tomorrow as well.

Take a look at Race Ramps to fit the car up on them. They're a bit pricey, but worth it.

You gonna shave the door mouldings? I also found that Grand Sport badge is from the 2010-11 GS trim.

Last edited:
I am also noticing the car doesnt want to go into 2nd gear. Just like the speed6 but worse. I will have the dealer look at this tomorrow as well.

the vette has a 1-2 lockout if you are cruising, a solenoid will activate and take you directly to 4th .. just in case you didnt know that

Oh bummer! Too bad we will not be able to get a shoot with our two cars together before you sell it.

the vette has a 1-2 lockout if you are cruising, a solenoid will activate and take you directly to 4th .. just in case you didnt know that

Thanks guys! I had no idea about this. Nor have even tried shifting from 1st to 4th. I go from 1st to 2nd and on up in order. I guess with this motors massive torque it would make since to jump to 4th.

Thanks tuner for that link. Let me get that ordered asap.

I ordered the lowering bolts for it today.

Take a look at Race Ramps to fit the car up on them. They're a bit pricey, but worth it.

You gonna shave the door mouldings? I also found that Grand Sport badge is from the 2010-11 GS trim.

The badge was put on. Its not really a grand sport and yes it is from those years. I will be taking it off. Its a little ricey for a badge to be on the car when it isnt even a grand sport.

Oh bummer! Too bad we will not be able to get a shoot with our two cars together before you sell it.

I know that sucks! Buy my speed6 so you can take pics whenever you want!

good trade bro. car looks good. but i see one thing that bothers me, those side vent back by the door. look like they are stuck on to try to look like a Z06. am i right? if not, my bad, but for some reason they dont look right. just my opinion tho of course.

other wise, i cant wait to see the updates on this beast. kudos and good luck

good trade bro. car looks good. but i see one thing that bothers me, those side vent back by the door. look like they are stuck on to try to look like a Z06. am i right? if not, my bad, but for some reason they dont look right. just my opinion tho of course.

other wise, i cant wait to see the updates on this beast. kudos and good luck

Thanks! According to the seller when this car was new it was originally in florida. The guy who bought it did the motor work on the heads and cam. He also did the side vents and it was before they sold the actual zo6 kit for the vents. They are functional however. I may just get zo6 side sills but I am not sure how that will work out. They do need to be repainted. I will see if I can get a guy I know who does paint and body work to fill them in and make them look right. I have yet to see these on another vette. The zo6 has a smaller opening.

Update:

I removed the front lip yesterday. Much easier than I thought. I found the reason as to why I am over heating. The lip on the underside of the car that diverts air up to the radiator. Well the panel that seperates the air intake side from the radiator had 3 screws missing so it was just hanging. It was blocking a lot of air from getting to the radiator and putting it to the intake side instead. After I got those 3 screws back in I took it for a drive. Where before I was at 200-235 degrees at cruise it is now a steady 190. If I let it sit and idle for a bit it may creep up to 198. To think I was about to go in the shop for a thermostat. hehe.

Wiped down the interior with a cleaner to remove any grease and protectants. Made the dash a little dull. I went back with some of the meguires vinyl protectant. Made the dash and all the interior trims pop. Gave it a nice deep black look without the grease of the armor all garbage. Used some of the leather cleaner I got from Zaino. The seats were quite dirty. I followed up with some leather conditioner. The interior now looks and smells like brand new.

I went ahead and ordered the lowering bolts for the front and the rears. Not bad for 80 bucks shipped and I can drop the car 2". I am going with a 1.5" drop. Low enough to close up most of the wheel gap but not give it that slammed look.

Back