2013~2016 Questions before the Guarantee ends

Just bought me a CX-5 Skyactiv AWD Automatic (2014) and have 3 simple questions :
1. in the door there are 4 knobs voor the windows but when the lights are on only 1 of the knobs is lit ? Is that OK ?
2. This car should have central door locking ? (i tried some settings but none of them work)
3. is SCBS standard? I can switch it on and of with the info button. How do you test ?

I still have 6 moths guarantee so that's why i want to know !

thanks for the info

1. This is normal. It is the only window that has "Automatic down".
2. Central locking with the key fob only.
3. Standard? No. This was always an optional add-on from whenever the feature rolled out until 2018 I believe? Maybe 17.

Just bought me a CX-5 Skyactiv AWD Automatic (2014) and have 3 simple questions :
1. in the door there are 4 knobs voor the windows but when the lights are on only 1 of the knobs is lit ? Is that OK ?
2. This car should have central door locking ? (i tried some settings but none of them work)
3. is SCBS standard? I can switch it on and of with the info button. How do you test ?

I still have 6 moths guarantee so that's why i want to know !

thanks for the info
1. The power window switch with a light means that particular window has one-touch auto-opening/closing feature. The switch itself is 2 staged, first position works the same as the other three 1-stage switches without the light. Once you push/pull the switch level past the resistance to the 2nd stage, it becomes auto-opening/closing mode.
B7B6551C-8703-4B95-9C8D-18A3430F20A6.jpeg

2. You should have a central door locking switch on the driver door panel.
4D25ACAB-736F-416B-BCDB-DBD37ECE6415.jpeg

3. For 2014 CX-5, Smart City Brake Support is not standard for all trim levels, unless your CX-5 has optional Technology Package. If you can see the SCBS setup, it means your CX-5 does have SCBS. How to test it? It isn’t easy. Paper box won’t work as the object has to be metal. There’re plenty of YouTube videos showing the failed test for such system.

1. The power window switch with a light means that particular window has one-touch auto-opening/closing feature. The switch itself is 2 staged, first position works the same as the other three 1-stage switches without the light. Once you push/pull the switch level past the resistance to the 2nd stage, it becomes auto-opening/closing mode.
View attachment 305607

2. You should have a central door locking switch on the driver door panel.
View attachment 305608

3. For 2014 CX-5, Smart City Brake Support is not standard for all trim levels, unless your CX-5 has optional Technology Package. If you can see the SCBS setup, it means your CX-5 does have SCBS. How to test it? It isn’t easy. Paper box won’t work as the object has to be metal. There’re plenty of YouTube videos showing the failed test for such system.
thanks.. Just checked the windows they all auto open and close. So i assume all the lights should be on. And I can see the SCBS setup ! I Wil check youtube for this !

thanks.. Just checked the windows they all auto open and close. So i assume all the lights should be on.
Mazda didn’t offer “one-touch” auto-opening/closing feature to all 4 windows on US CX-5 until 2018 MY. Your 2014 CX-5 can’t have such feature on all 4 windows. An easy way to find out is to feel the difference on switches. With “one-touch” auto-opening/closing you can feel the switch has 2 stages with resistance in between; otherwise it has no such feature.

Mazda didn’t offer “one-touch” auto-opening/closing feature to all 4 windows on US CX-5 until 2018 MY. Your 2014 CX-5 can’t have such feature on all 4 windows. An easy way to find out is to feel the difference on switches. With “one-touch” auto-opening/closing you can feel the switch has 2 stages with resistance in between; otherwise it has no such feature.
hi i'm from the Netherlands so that maybe different. The switches are “one-touch” auto-opening/closing

hi i'm from the Netherlands so that maybe different. The switches are “one-touch” auto-opening/closing
Still, it’s very unlikely that 3 out of 4 power window switches are having failed indicator lights for the switch.

The object absolutely does not have to be metal.
Mine triggered on a brick wall.

The object absolutely does not have to be metal.
Mine triggered on a brick wall.
2014 CX5 auto-stopped in front of wood fence by SCBS.
But you guys really want to suggest people using brick wall and wood fence to test the SCBS? 😛

I don't suggest testing it at all.
But what were you suggesting, Yrwie? Metal? Another car?

That was in response to your "metal only" comments. ;)
That’s my recollection during the discussion here in early days that the reason why the much safer paper box test doesn’t work on SCBS. And SCBS documents provided by Mazda at the time did say the SCBS won’t prevent the actual collision, but can only reduce the damage during the collision due to slower car speed. And the system designed is mainly to detect vehicles in front of you (metal), not for other objects such as pedestrians. I have doubt on that particular video, as the CX-5 seems to be stopped too soon, which is on the contrary to many other videos I’ve seen.

Here are a couple of videos testing SCBS or similar safety systems:

Just email Mazda corporate, provide them your VIN and ask if it has SCBS...

Oh and the system does work...

Coming up to stoplight, some idiot(in a car) cut into my lane.
As it was happening, the car auto braking had forcefully clamped down, quite abruptly and almost too quickly bringing car to almost a complete stop.
Human braking is alot smoother.

Not to mention the car behind me almost rear ended me in a chain reaction.

Still not sure whether I like it or not. As I think I could have braked in time without the abrupt jerky stop as well as allowing more time for the car behind me to stop.

^^ Check your Vehicle Settings. There are options for the SBS/SCBS to configure intervention for Near, Mid, or Far. I had a few instances where I thought the car intervened to early, so I set it to Near and I haven't had any issues with early intervention since.

^^ Check your Vehicle Settings. There are options for the SBS/SCBS to configure intervention for Near, Mid, or Far. I had a few instances where I thought the car intervened to early, so I set it to Near and I haven't had any issues with early intervention since.
Thanks.

Didn't know that you could adjust it. Will get that changed tonight.

Back