Questions about the Shock Sensor and Remote Start Options

:
SOLD 2002 Protege5; Current 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring
Folks,

Can you tell me a little about these options?

Remote Start:
- How much did you pay for it?
- Is the button part of the master remote/smart card or a separate fob?

Shock Sensor:
- Does it just add on to what comes standard with the Grand Touring or does it require some additional alarm package?

Thanks.

- ZoomFive

Shock Sensor:
- Does it just add on to what comes standard with the Grand Touring or does it require some additional alarm package?

I have the Security Upgrade Kit in front of me. The kit (Mazda Part # 0000 8F N03) supposed to be add on only. The control module's name is confusing (Part # 0000 8F D11A) as it is called "Security Main Control Module".
Even more confusing is the installation instruction, saying: Applicable models: 2007> Mazda CX-9 WITHOUT Advanced Keyless Entry System! I thought the advance keyless entry system was standard on the GT models....

Also note, that this kit is NOT COMPATIBLE with Remote Start System (Part # 0000-8F-N02).

It was a part of my deal, can not give you useful price info.

Last edited:
The remote start is a seperate fob. With GT Advanced Key, the OEM kit is your best option. I would either (a) have the dealer do the install or (b) take the OEM instructions+kit to a reputable mobile installer & have them install it for you.

I have the Security Upgrade Kit in front of me. The kit (Mazda Part # 0000 8F N03) supposed to be add on only. The control module's name is confusing (Part # 0000 8F D11A) as it is called "Security Main Control Module".
Even more confusing is the installation instruction, saying: Applicable models: 2007> Mazda CX-9 WITHOUT Advanced Keyless Entry System! I thought the advance keyless entry system was standard on the GT models....

Also note, that this kit is NOT COMPATIBLE with Remote Start System (Part # 0000-8F-N02).

It was a part of my deal, can not give you useful price info.

Good to know regarding the remote start system and shock sensor not being compatible. I wonder if my dealer will arrive at that conclusion tomorrow morning when they price both for me to be installed. Given a choice of just one, the remote start is the one for me. The dealer wanted to install a Viper 2-way alarm for me as well and I shot him down. I guess we may revisit this.

Thanks for the info.

All - Does anyone happen to have both installed?

- ZoomFive

Attachments

• incompatibility.jpg
    incompatibility.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 330
The remote start is a seperate fob. With GT Advanced Key, the OEM kit is your best option. I would either (a) have the dealer do the install or (b) take the OEM instructions+kit to a reputable mobile installer & have them install it for you.

Do they need to defeat the Advance Key immobiliser to do the remote start by stashing a key in the car? Most remote starts require this? Kinda defeats the purpose of the immobilser key.

Incompatibility confirmed!!!

Just got the confirmation from my dealer, and Mazda Canada:

The shock sensor upgrade kit will not work if the vehicle has the "smart" keyless system.:mad:

Just got the confirmation from my dealer, and Mazda Canada:

The shock sensor upgrade kit will not work if the vehicle has the "smart" keyless system.:mad:
Yeah, same for me. Double :mad::mad:.

What do you folks think about remote starts in cars with keys that have immobiliser chips like the CX-9? Doesn't the installer need to hide a key in the car to make the remote start work and as such, makes the immobilser feature useless?

What do you folks think about remote starts in cars with keys that have immobiliser chips like the CX-9? Doesn't the installer need to hide a key in the car to make the remote start work and as such, makes the immobilser feature useless?
I don't have a remote starter in my CX-9, so the following is just a speculation.

...You start your engine with the remote starter, approach the car with the advanced key in your pocket, push the button on the door, turn the ignition KNOB to ON, and then (and only then) push the brake pedal. This sequence will take over the control from the remote starter, I guess... This would be similar to the operation of the remote starter on my other vehicle.

I don't have a remote starter in my CX-9, so the following is just a speculation.

...You start your engine with the remote starter, approach the car with the advanced key in your pocket, push the button on the door, turn the ignition KNOB to ON, and then (and only then) push the brake pedal. This sequence will take over the control from the remote starter, I guess... This would be similar to the operation of the remote starter on my other vehicle.

I have one on my other car and it is as you describe. I wish that there was not the separate remote. It seems that that is the case, but I do not know for sure.

Actually I have the same question on this topic as well.
If you read the Features and Specs page on the Mazdausa.com site, it will say that Anti-theft perimeter alarm is standard on GT, where as Anti-theft perimeter alarm including shock sensor is dealer installed accessory which is NOT available for GT.

I have 08 GT with Assist and Moonroof/BOSE and the remote start, and OMF, you guess it right, that's how the remote start works with the advanced key.

i was told that the OEM remote start is part of the key - adds a button to the key... but a lot of dealers are adding it as an add-on dealer installed option, which requires a separate remote....

i was told that the OEM remote start is part of the key - adds a button to the key... but a lot of dealers are adding it as an add-on dealer installed option, which requires a separate remote....

That would be great if it was the case. I should be getting my car soon. I ordered remote start, so I will see what there is.

The pictures that you see in the accessories pages of dealerships show the separate remote.

That would be great if it was the case. I should be getting my car soon. I ordered remote start, so I will see what there is.

The pictures that you see in the accessories pages of dealerships show the separate remote.

I just got my CX-9 Touring with Assist pkg and remote start OEM. The Adv keyless and remote start were on different remotes.

Back