Purge Solenoid Valve

Well, I went to O-Reilly's to order the purge control valve and the car no longer idles rough or tries to stall. I stopped numerous times to try to get the car to stall and it never did. Before that, I made sure all of the vacuum hoses I could find were tight so maybe that did the trick. I hope it doesn't start it again soon. Intermittent faults are not much fun.

I've been experiencing the same problems as described here (trouble starting after refill, rough idle) I'm glad I found this thread, hopefully saving me the $90 diagnostic fee! I'm going to get advance to double check the CEL code but if its multiple as described above ill try the PSV first! I'll update you on how that goes.

Does anyone know if you can find a replacement or do you need to order OEM?

Thanks

Sorry for bringing up and old old thread, anyone have part number for the 07 m5 purge valve? Mine is acting up. I searched long and hard still can't find it. And if you can also provide the part number for the hoses to go along that will be great. And where is the best place to buy.

Last edited:
I have a similar issue with a cel p0455 and p0456. Changed to a new gas cap, cel didn't go away. I'm thinking it's the purge solenoid.

I have a 2012 mazda5 with the 2.5 is that a common issue? Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back