Protege5 with multiple issues

I'm almost positive that a brake bleed buddy won't work to bleed the clutch, unless you have a vacuum pump included with the kit.

View attachment 310095

I'm pretty sure that if you just have a drain bottle like this,.. you are supposed to open the bleeder screw before you pump the pedal...

View attachment 310096View attachment 310097

Try to find someone to help you bleed your clutch.
Offer them a beer or a Big Mac or something.
Their job is easy.
Pump the pedal 3 times, then push it and hold it in.

Then you loosen the bleeder screw and drain it into the bottle while checking for bubbles.

It should only take about 10 minutes.

Don't worry about the click for now.
It could just be bubbles popping or something.

Keep in mind that the clutch master cylinders and slave cylinders on our car have been known to fail.
They are 20 years old now.

The seals on the plungers fail,..

View attachment 310098View attachment 310099

The bore in the cylinders get corroded, pitted and scratched and can't hold pressure.

To test for that, you can push your clutch to the floor and hold it, (once you get your clutch properly bled) and see if the pedal slowly loses pressure.
Or if you can't get any pressure on the clutch pedal at all, then your seals and bores have failed.

If your clutch pedal was working before you changed your clutch, then chances are that it is still working.
Not sure if the first reply went thru.mybclutch worked when the disc fried then sat for awhile and when towed it the pedal was on the floor board so it's iffy. There's alot of rust up there tho

Not sure if the first reply went thru.mybclutch worked when the disc fried then sat for awhile and when towed it the pedal was on the floor board so it's iffy. There's alot of rust up there tho
Oh ya..umm...on the clutch flapper that open andcloses the throw out bearing...that boot...I kinda didn't seat that right I guess and tried to seat it better and the trannybtrued sucking it in...I was able to save it tho. I'm having a time of it bro I thank you

Reactions: pcb
Yeah, I'm ready.
I still remember a lot about this car.
My car or just the P5 in general? Lol

Donyou have any parts laying around by chance? Hood front driver qaurter panel rims?

So I've got this clunking in the front.sounds like it's coming from the middle of the engine bay..and even once in awhile I get s*** tons of exhaust on first start up..and it smells not rich or lean...

Donyou have any parts laying around by chance? Hood front driver qaurter panel rims?

Not really. And I don't know how to ship it.

So I've got this clunking in the front.sounds like it's coming from the middle of the engine bay

Could be a lot of things.
You need to try to find where it's coming from and that can be difficult if your car needs to be moving when it's clunking.

.and even once in awhile I get s*** tons of exhaust on first start up..and it smells not rich or lean...

You're burning oil.
Almost every P5 burns oil.

Not really. And I don't know how to ship it.

Could be a lot of things.
You need to try to find where it's coming from and that can be difficult if your car needs to be moving when it's clunking.

You're burning oil.
Almost every P5 burns oil.

Alright master wizard Riddle this..the spare trunk sub wiring...can inusebthay to power an amp for my sub?

Alright master wizard Riddle this..the spare trunk sub wiring...can inusebthay to power an amp for my sub?
Yes it can, but you'll need to figure out the wiring.
My wiring diagrams are from 2002 and the factory sub didn't come out until 2003.5
Don't go with too much power on your amp or you'll wreck your battery and alternator.
Our OEM alternator only puts out 77 amps. Barely enough to run the car.
The factory wiring isn't a thick enough wire gauge to support a high power amp either.

Yes it can, but you'll need to figure out the wiring.
My wiring diagrams are from 2002 and the factory sub didn't come out until 2003.5
Don't go with too much power on your amp or you'll wreck your battery and alternator.
Our OEM alternator only puts out 77 amps. Barely enough to run the car.
The factory wiring isn't a thick enough wire gauge to support a high power amp either.

Well..I blew a fuse..lol

Back