Protege5 Mods on a Budget

Blaker10

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey everyone,

This is my first post to the forum, and I'm looking forward to all the feedback I get from all of you!

I'm looking to do some mods for my P5 as of late and so I want to know of some mods that you guys have done or recommend for me to do. (I've got a black 03 automatic Protege5). They can be performance mods or mods for the exterior, interior, sound system, etc.! So far all I've done is tint my windows and paint my front Mazda logo black.

Also please try to keep the mod ideas fairly cheap, since I'm not made of money! ;)
Post pics of your car mods as well if you can!

Thanks!

What do you define as a budget?

In case you haven't noticed everyone here has a different definition of 'budget'.

First priority should be suspension work. Tokico Suspension kit represents great value for money :)

Last edited:
just a few off the top of my head

-Ebay exhaust
-Simota Intake
-Plasti-dip the rear valence
-Mazda6 rear wiper
-Black-out the headlight shrouds
-stubby antenna
-fog light "drl" mod
-mx-6 rear strut tower bar
-HIDs

welcome on the forums!
for a few hundreds i managed to do pretty good, click my sig so see what I did budget-wise :)

painting up your valve cover...Getting colored hoses if your into engine dress ups. :)

Cheap lips can be made several ways. AKA garage door lips, what have you. Plastidip plastic parts/emblems look nice.

What do you define as a budget?

In case you haven't noticed everyone here has a different definition of 'budget'.

First priority should be suspension work. Tokico Suspension kit represents great value for money :)

My budget would be approx. $500 and under.
Okay cool, I'll have a look at their suspension kits!

welcome on the forums!
for a few hundreds i managed to do pretty good, click my sig so see what I did budget-wise :)

Sweet mods! Now where did you find all the stuff for your blue LED interior? I think that would be an awesome thing to do for me car!

painting up your valve cover...Getting colored hoses if your into engine dress ups. :)

Cheap lips can be made several ways. AKA garage door lips, what have you. Plastidip plastic parts/emblems look nice.

Thanks for the ideas! Do you know where I can find some lips online to look at?

But $500 will go a lot further on a Honda. And you don't see the ef (88-91) all that much there's like 4 in my area. And for 500 you can do a motor swap on a honda or get coilovers, or get a bunch of bolt ons full exhaust for a Honda goes for $120 and that includes the header

You can build a Honda and be different. Building protgs isn't different it's like building any other car but starting out on a worthless motor. And trans and harder to find parts for

But $500 will go a lot further on a Honda. And you don't see the ef (88-91) all that much there's like 4 in my area. And for 500 you can do a motor swap on a honda or get coilovers, or get a bunch of bolt ons full exhaust for a Honda goes for $120 and that includes the header

You can build a Honda and be different. Building protgs isn't different it's like building any other car but starting out on a worthless motor. And trans and harder to find parts for

Thanks but I'm not looking for a Honda. I just want some ideas of mods that I can do for my P5 thats all

I got my shorty antenna off of ebay for like $12 off of ebay as well as my headers for around $85. I also got my intake tubing from ebay as well and just used a filter from AutoZone to make my cold air intake. Painting stuff is a cheap way to add a personal touch to your car. I prefer to plastidip stuff since its removable if you mess up.

Cheapest mod I've done to my car would definitely have to be the shorty antenna. Didn't cost me a dime, cut the OEM antenna and put some silicone on the now amputated section. Personally, I think it looks better then the bought stubby antennas.
Radio suffer's a bit, but I rarely listen to the radio.. I just have my iPod plugged in 24/7

see my mods.
I am sure i have not spent over $1K total (if that... I bought used off the forum for most of it, some are free ;))

Back