Protege5: Harder, not Smarter!

Welp, the foam plug ended up breaking apart too easily when I tried pulling the seat, so it was not reusable. The body filler ended up sticking as well, meaning I spent a good 20 hours with a razor blade and a chisel scraping the filler off the carbon shell. So it is still unfinished, I need to finish sanding this layer and then add a cosmetic layer of resin.

I mocked up the belt positions and cut the holes.

Added the bracing for the floor mount pedals and the seat itself.

Added the harness bar.

How she sits currently. Oh...the seat weighs a mere 2.75 lbs, :D

With a car weighing next to nothing, having all the weight in the back, with a forged motor and three turbos, how do you expect to do anything other than backflips?

Here I am wedging in the old dashboard brace to mock up the steering wheel placement.

Oh the joys of only 2 hands.

More floor triangulation

Added eyebolts for the harness mounts.

You better believe I sat in that and made turbo noises.

I don't think that harness routing for the anti submarine straps will pass tech anywhere. The angle has to be right, because in a collision as it stands, it looks like you could slide under the hip straps and the anti-subs wouldn't be doing anything for you. This should be what you're looking for:

HarnessInstall.jpg

I don't think that harness routing for the anti submarine straps will pass tech anywhere. The angle has to be right, because in a collision as it stands, it looks like you could slide under the hip straps and the anti-subs wouldn't be doing anything for you. This should be what you're looking for:

HarnessInstall.jpg

Hm you are right, I used the same measurement locations of the stock locations I used before on the recaro's, but now that the seat has moved back and is floor mounted it is back further. Everything is still just tack welded until I got it finalized. I can move the eye bolts to the bar directly under the front of the seat for the proper angle.
Thanks for the catch.

Hey buddy nice build. Great looking wing. Just wondering if my friend (fernando) the one who has been calling leaving messages and got nothing in return could get his stuff back . Dont want to make thing worse for you but if your going to do business at least be a man about it and dont run and hide if the job cant be done. Since june he hasnt heard anything. If the wing got finish then work out a deal if not then so long his stuff is return no heart feelings. i even noticed your facebook wasnt active anymore. Which sucks but will see were things go from here. I hope not further and we can handle this like true gentlemen.

Hey buddy nice build. Great looking wing. Just wondering if my friend (fernando) the one who has been calling leaving messages and got nothing in return could get his stuff back . Dont want to make thing worse for you but if your going to do business at least be a man about it and dont run and hide if the job cant be done. Since june he hasnt heard anything. If the wing got finish then work out a deal if not then so long his stuff is return no heart feelings. i even noticed your facebook wasnt active anymore. Which sucks but will see were things go from here. I hope not further and we can handle this like true gentlemen.

Agreed with this.

Why don't you give him his wing and stop ignoring his messages. You are gonna be known for being a scumbag in the mazda community. And how about you reply back to this comment. Or just get ahold of Fernando

For the sake of everyone's curiosity please please please update, or let us no whatsup (gah)

He's most likely trying to avoid everyone. He was active last month so I'm sure he saw the messages on this thread.

Is it too early to take this thing off life support and declare Time of Death?

Back