Protege Garage Turbo Inlet Installed

Cool. Just making sure I didn't mess up on the install.
I've grown accustom to the sound now. owl at low boost, turkey in full boost.
I drive a bird cage now!

Dammit... no birds in mine :(

BUT... at WOT, it sounds like a freakin' jet turbine with the whine and howl - Daddy like (yippy)(thumb)

I currently have the cobb sri and the hks ssqv.. How much will the sound of the hks change after i put on a TIP?
Will it get louder or quieter?

Awesome, thanks a lot. In your opinion, do you like it better with the PG inlet or before you had it?
And would it be too much trouble to make a longer video that shows off the sound more?

Awesome, thanks a lot. In your opinion, do you like it better with the PG inlet or before you had it?
And would it be too much trouble to make a longer video that shows off the sound more?

I like it better with the inlet. The hooting is kinda neat, I enjoy it. Car definitely responds better, appears to spool faster as well. It's good.

I can take a video next time I'm out, it's pouring snow out right now (chicagoland lake effect blizzards ftw) so I'm not going anywhere atm :p

So the waiting begins!! (gah)

ordered my TIP last night. This should make my cp-e CAI very happy (2thumbs)

and my SSQV sound better too :D

Ken! (thumb)

Dude... three business days!? And over a Holiday weekend!?!?! (hump)

IMPRESSIVE!!

And the TIP looks great. I am gonna have to give it a little wiping down on the inside before installing it.

I'll post again once I get that bad boy in there.

until then... (rockon)

so....

as I'm installing the TIP today guess what I see...

Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2l.jpg

TIP is gonna have to wait until I get this sorted out...(sad1)

I bought the car used back in march. At this point I wanna say that the jerk-off who owned the car before me didn't set up their VTA SSQV properly and didn't securely plug the recirc inlet. Thats the only place I could imagine that debris would get in there.

First time installing a TIP on this car, but I never even got the TIP on the car. As soon as I saw the damage to the turbo, I put the stocker back on for my trip up to Mazda

I'm not throwing any codes, and the car has not had problems since I bought it. However, I'm 1500 miles from my bumper-to-bumper being up. The TIP was going to be my first major mod since I bought it (SSQV and cp-e CAI were on it when I purchased it). The dealer I bought it from said they'd honor the warranty with the parts that came on it as long as I had no CELs. I just haven't decided the best way to present this to them so they will fix it. Your turbo going on a 'rock diet' will definitely fall under 'wear and tear' which I already know isn't covered by any warranty. I just have to see if they will fix it based upon it being a pre-existing condition. But again, how do I prove that...(detect)

Last edited:
that completely suck. hope you get a new turbo covered by warranty.
1 of many reasons i stay away from buying a used car...you never know how the previous owner used the car you are about to purchase. totally suck.

gl 2 u man.

I bought the car used back in march. At this point I wanna say that the jerk-off who owned the car before me didn't set up their VTA SSQV properly and didn't securely plug the recirc inlet. Thats the only place I could imagine that debris would get in there.

First time installing a TIP on this car, but I never even got the TIP on the car. As soon as I saw the damage to the turbo, I put the stocker back on for my trip up to Mazda

I'm not throwing any codes, and the car has not had problems since I bought it. However, I'm 1500 miles from my bumper-to-bumper being up. The TIP was going to be my first major mod since I bought it (SSQV and cp-e CAI were on it when I purchased it). The dealer I bought it from said they'd honor the warranty with the parts that came on it as long as I had no CELs. I just haven't decided the best way to present this to them so they will fix it. Your turbo going on a 'rock diet' will definitely fall under 'wear and tear' which I already know isn't covered by any warranty. I just have to see if they will fix it based upon it being a pre-existing condition. But again, how do I prove that...(detect)

if you need a stock replacement turbo i have two used ones on hand in the event the dealer does not cover you, would be happy to work something out.

Back