Project Pay2Play: My Eunos Cosmo has arrived!

Congratulations mate!!!! Looks awesome next to my Fav. Skyline. Noticed an FTO in the pictures......

Wow, that's incredible. When are we going to get actual HP numbers? (dyno)

Congratulations, my friend. It must be a phenomenal feeling.

EDIT: Oh yeah, good color, too!

Dyno action is definitely on the TO DO list...in the near future I'd like to get the car fully detailed and make sure all systems are kosher before hittin the power upgrades...:D

"phenomenal" is an excellent word to describe the feeling of seeing, driving and hearing this beast...I can't wait to check up on it after work everyday!

WOOT! Love that rotary beast. How's the interior? I love the ergonomic design inside.

I love the interior...It's an all black all leather interior with really comfortable yet highly supportive sport bucket seats...The seats have suede inserts that are silky smooth and look really cool.

Despite the exterior of the car being quite large, the interior feels very intimate...almost like the cockpit of a high-end performance yacht or private jet plane.

No doubt the Eunos Cosmo is a purpose built Grand Tourer and the interior is no exception!

I'll try and get some shots soon!

wow congrats Antoine! what a beautiful car...we need more pics!

I've been thinking about where to do a mini photoshoot...Shrine? Temple? Mountain? City? Hopefully I'll have some time to take it on a day trip somewhere and shoot some more pics!

I don't think you mentioned how much it cost... I'm sure that was entirely on accident...

20B certainly is a monster engine. Absolute beast of a machine. Torque output is greatly improved over its smaller cousins - and being a cosmo, its a GENUINE 20B (not the 13 and a half B's that everyone makes around here).

Any plans for mods? rebuild the block with Peripheral Port? make the thing sound like a pissed off bee?

Great ride man... It may be depressing to fill her up, but i bet the feeling of being robbed blind at the pump disappears when you press the "happy pedal" to the floor :)

I don't think you mentioned how much it cost... I'm sure that was entirely on accident...

Let's just say...It wasn't far off the price of a Brand New Mazda in Japan ;)

I think it's safe to say that 20b versions of the Eunos Cosmo in good condition with low miles are slowly but surely gaining "collector" car status here in Japan...which is not an easy thing to achieve...considering most preowned domestic cars loose their value quite rapidly!

At the time I bought Pay2Play...There were only about 2 or 3 low mile 20b versions for sale throughout ALL of Japan! I really wanted a silver one and I was lucky to find one in such good condition. :D

20B certainly is a monster engine. Absolute beast of a machine. Torque output is greatly improved over its smaller cousins - and being a cosmo, its a GENUINE 20B (not the 13 and a half B's that everyone makes around here).

Any plans for mods? rebuild the block with Peripheral Port? make the thing sound like a pissed off bee?

Great ride man... It may be depressing to fill her up, but i bet the feeling of being robbed blind at the pump disappears when you press the "happy pedal" to the floor :)

I plan on the basic upgrades eventually...I want to keep the car as original in appearance as possible while upgrading what lies within...I'm not sure what exact route I will take at this time...but I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on any new developments.

Beast is another valid word to describe the 20b...I'm absolutely in love with the sound & feel of the car...The Mazdaspeed exhaust really complements the Eunos Cosmo and the 20b...It can be really "civilized" but also produce a really low beefy tone that sounds so menacing...I get excited just typing about it...lol

It sounds & feels like a super refined version of the 427 BB Chevelle I used to own...instant smile maker...so much so that I don't mind emptying my wallet to feed the beast! :D

Yeah - 20B in a street set up should be very smooth and well balanced (inherent in the design of the motor).... but when you start porting it, it will become angry. It will sound noticably pissed off at you if you so much as DARE idle it around town. Even a moderate bit of porting will unleash the monster within. Remember, these are the very engines that are used to power 1400hp rotary dragsters. I was kidding about the PP - though I would take my hat off to you if you had the balls to drive around on a peripheral ported 20B as a daily :)

get some old rubber, and go take a vid of you cutting some circles for us :)

as the guys in PR say: No Rotor, No Motor

Damn it! I took some vids with my digi cam and tried to upload them to youtube & myspace but both are over the upload limit! (argh)

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to spend with my new ride due to the fact I recently moved...The good news is that things are settling down now and I should be posting more updates, pics and vids in the near future...I just put together a mini cleaning/detailing kit which I will use to take care of the interior, engine bay and rims...After, I'm going to make a little pic tour of the engine bay and 20b :D

Here are a few additional pics from before that I didn't post...

IMG_0692%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_0683%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_0706%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_0685%20(Medium).JPG

You kinda like to show your awesome car surrounded by other awesome cars lol. T.M.E Evo, FTO and R32...... I do notice hehehe..... I would be like that also owning a Cosmos lol....

Back