Project Pay2Play: My Eunos Cosmo has arrived!

That mazdaspeed badge is genuine? It seems out of place on the cosmo

That mazdaspeed badge is genuine? It seems out of place on the cosmo

I'm not into fake badging (or fake anything for that matter)...especially on a car like the Cosmo...I mentioned in the beginning of this thread that the car has a genuine Mazdaspeed exhaust system and apparently the suspension is as well...I recall reading on some Japanese owner site that the exhaust upgrade was really expensive at the time (hence its rarity now)...I've also got some sort of manual and or documentation from Mazdaspeed that came with the original owner's manual...so yes...It's genuine. :)

UPDATE...Made a little vid tour of the interior :D

Used some video editing software to take out a chunk of the following vid so that I could make it under the 100mb upload limit...Check it out...Note the interior hasn't been detailed yet but it's holding up well for being 12 years old!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoWzj4hdwmU

that interior is badass it looks like it just engulfs you and those back seats look comfy as s***.

nice video! I love the camera work... ooooooooo steeeeeeering wheeeeeeelllll lol

very clean lines...love those back seats!

nice video! I love the camera work... ooooooooo steeeeeeering wheeeeeeelllll lol

very clean lines...love those back seats!

lol ya the steering wheel part was the best i would have to say lol, got love that woodgrain, but ya you loved the back seats too. they look some comfy. I do have say very very jealous of you Antoine

Hehe...Thanks for the kind words...Glad you guys enjoyed the vid...I'm also a big fan of the "steering wheel" shot...It was my attempt at creative cinematography :p I like your description Snike05..."elegant yet sporty" is an excellent way to describe not only the interior but the entire car!

I'm going to start a checklist because I keep thinking about what I want to do...buy...find...etc and I can't keep track of it all anymore...lol :D

Checklist...The "beta" version:
*Car Cover = Done
*Basic Cleaning kit = Done
*New factory A-pillar covers = Purchased...More on this later...
*New Wiper arms = On order...More on this later...
*AutoExe Ramair Intake = Future buy
*AutoExe Ignition wires = Possible future buy
*AutoExe ground kit = Possible future buy
*Okuyama/Carbing cooling plate = Future buy
*Blitz SBC i-DIII or SBC i-Color = Future buy

No doubt the list will evolve and grow...

Make sure to keep a quart of oil handy in the car and check your oil at every gas fill-up.

I'm not into fake badging (or fake anything for that matter)...especially on a car like the Cosmo...I mentioned in the beginning of this thread that the car has a genuine Mazdaspeed exhaust system and apparently the suspension is as well...I recall reading on some Japanese owner site that the exhaust upgrade was really expensive at the time (hence its rarity now)...I've also got some sort of manual and or documentation from Mazdaspeed that came with the original owner's manual...so yes...It's genuine. :)

Sorry, the idea was not to question your ethics, but to express my surprise.

That is a nice interior. It's in great shape, too!

Last edited:
I would just LOVE to own one of these cars, it is just my style!

I wonder if there is any way you can have one in the US?

Thanks for the video, but I just want more more more....

Even tho it does have Mazdaspeed parts installed it is not in fact a true Mazdaspeed edition vehicle so it is still kinda "fake" badging lol

Mazda didnt full control of Mazdaspeed until 1999 and thats when they started using it as name for limited production vehicles.
Sorry, the idea was not to question your ethics, but to express my surprise.

That is a nice interior. It's in great shape, too!

Even tho it does have Mazdaspeed parts installed it is not in fact a true Mazdaspeed edition vehicle so it is still kinda "fake" badging lol

Mazda didnt full control of Mazdaspeed until 1999 and thats when they started using it as name for limited production vehicles.

Doesn't y'alls P5 have the genuine mazdaspeed axleback Taylor? Need m0ar badges :p

No one is implying Mazdaspeed made a Cosmo version...The previous owner must of had it placed there when the Mazdaspeed parts were installed...It makes sense...It's a nice badge and at that time everyone knew Mazdaspeed editions did not exist...Instead of offering decals...they must of offered actual badges when you bought parts...especially when just the exhaust was over 200,000 yen back in the early to mid 90's.

Back