Problem with order

nwamgr

Hello everyone.

I ordered a CX-9 about 3 months ago and I was very specific about the options I wanted. The vehicle is in now, and while it has everything I wanted it also has some things I did not.

I've bought new vehicles before but never ordered one. Shouldn't I have gotten exactly what I wanted/ordered, or is it kind of a wish list thing and close enough has to do.

Thanx.

What were the extra items they built into the vehicle? If you order a specific vehicle to be built for you, then it should be as you specified.

Those are pricey options. It sounds like they found a car for you rather than ordered one.

Maybe it had to do with some of the options that you requested. Some things are only available in packages, like the Bose system with 6CD changer can only be ordered with the moonroof.

If you're getting something you didn't request, have them explain it to you. However, they really should have explained that at the time that you ordered it.

Here's the dealers explanation. When I said I wanted the 6 disk cd changer they assumed I meant the moonroof package which of course requires the assist package. When I ordered it I gave them the "build your mazda" print out which clearly showed "in-dash 6 disk cd changer" for $500 MSRP.

They agreed it was there mistake and were very apologetic. Four hours later I'm driving home in my new CX-9 for about $1000 more than I was originally planning on spending. I just couldn't stand to wait another four months.

Thanks to you all for a very informative and helpful forum.

I'd be willing to be apologetic too if I could still get you to pay extra for something you didn't want. Trading words for money is great business.

Water under the bridge now, but an "order" usually includes a full list of options with appropriate mfr numbers and the price you will pay upon delivery. It also normally requires a deposit. If those things didn't happen, they didn't order anything and just found it for you.

Enjoy the vehicle regardless. Buyer's remorse is a curse.

I did give them a deposit when I ordered it and also asked what the cost would be. They said they couldn't give me a cost breakdown until they had the invoice. I also found out that the order didn't actually go in until about three weeks after taking my deposit which was by credit card.

I did give them a deposit when I ordered it and also asked what the cost would be. They said they couldn't give me a cost breakdown until they had the invoice. I also found out that the order didn't actually go in until about three weeks after taking my deposit which was by credit card.

Sounds like an inept dealer and an uninformed buyer.

A bad combination.

Nice of you to order a car without knowing the price. Great negotiation theory.

Over the time that you spend with the car, as long as you can cover the addl cost, I am sure you will enjoy the additional options.

You didn't expect to pay extra, but it seems that you came to terms with it quickly.

Enjoy the car.

Back