Post your favorite rotary pic

Kansei said:
agreed. good thing I held it in or I would have soiled myself at work (headshake (freak)

wow though. wow.. Did you get the steering wheel restitched or reskinned for that look? It looks a lot like the Mazdaspeed Miata wheel but I didn't think they had perforated leather on them.

That car is incredible though, and of course the pictures are very nicely done too :)

nope. That's straight off a 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit-r Type-A. (limited Edition for the last RX-7's). Same goes for the wheels!

I knew the wheels were, I have that car (as well as tons of other FDs) in gran turismo 4 haha

hmm I bet the Mazdaspeed Miata steering wheel would be a cheaper replacement for me. Either way, my airbag swaps onto any of those nardi wheels so I'm happy :)

maduhbee said:
heh yeah, but it wouldn't be real!

What wouldn't be real about it. I have a Protege5, so the RX-7 wheel would be no less weird than the Miata wheel.

The Protege5 stock wheel is a nardi-clone that Mazda made, with low quality leather and no nardi logo on it obviously. There are other differences, like no bracket for the cruise control buttons and I think the underlying material under the leather is different, but it's a direct bolt-on swap, even my airbag will fit on the nardi just fine (alright)

Yeah I'd love to get that RX-7 wheel but for how much? The Mazdaspeed Miata wheel is already way too expensive for my tastes (5 or 8 hundred without airbag)..

more rotary pics!! Don't make me post another LS1-swapped rotary.. next time, instead of an FC, it'll be a gasp FD with all the right JDM parts goodness.. but a big ol chevy engine shoehorned under the bonnet!

one of the cyms...

Attachments

• amp.JPG
    amp.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 762
nice, you should get a cosmos and come to the 7 days meeting (the Kansai one is one in Hyogo I believe) in July!

Great reason to (bump) and STICKY this 'ol thread...I've got a Cosmo now and I'm sure as hell going to take it to the meet this year! (2thumbs)

Heres one for ya. Yeah, I need rims. :(

Attachments

• IMG_2663.JPG
    IMG_2663.JPG
    520.4 KB · Views: 188
the hotness of that car makes up for the chick taking a dump in your avatar...

lol, the chick taking a dump is actually pretty hot too! Thanks for the compliments.

some of my car

Attachments

• BJS_2146-vi.jpg
    BJS_2146-vi.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 161
  • CIMG0546.jpg
    CIMG0546.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_4451.jpg
    IMG_4451.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 170
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 152
  • CIMG0555-1.jpg
    CIMG0555-1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 180
I like how it says "deserving sponsorships" in your sig. I know the feeling bro!

GT-3 class SCCA road race rotary Miata.
Full tube frame, fiberglass body
Bridgeported, Drysumped, Motec fuel injected 12A
Quaife dogring 5sp with Quarter master 5.5" clutch.
Winters quick change rear end with Vari-lock diff.

Driver-John Mills

Attachments

• mazda1.JPG
    mazda1.JPG
    451.6 KB · Views: 144
  • mazda2.JPG
    mazda2.JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 000_0007.jpg
    000_0007.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 000_0897.JPG
    000_0897.JPG
    717.8 KB · Views: 150
Woah...Serious setup...I like it! :D

Welcome! What sort of hp/tq numbers does that setup put down at the wheels? Is it currently being raced?

I'd love to see more pics and vids...if you've got them!

218 HP at the rear wheels. (no turbo, all motor) it weighs 2,000 pounds with me in it. Yes, it was being raced in SCCA this year. I spun at Mid-Ohio though and hit the concree wall. I hurt the car and myself. It will be back out next year. A 13B P.P. puts me up a class so I'm stiking with the 12A B.P.

Well,
Third race with the car and I put it in a concrete wall. (drivers side) I have raced for 18 years and never had this type of accident. It was really a freak deal. I'm doing much better now but will still be feeling the result for a few years. No physical damage to myself, but I cracked my helmet and took a very hard hit to the head. I was in the Hospital over two weeks! Hopefully, I will feel like working on it this winter. I plan on it. I will probably end up switching the car over to a full cage type roll bar instead of the low front hoop it has in the pictures. I will also install a halo on my seat that wont let my head go to the side in an impact. (the Hans device only works well in frontal impacts) I need to worry about safety more than how good it looks!

My wife is switching careers right now so money may be a little tight. I think I will be able to afford to fix it but the usual upgrading of parts may have to wait a year or so. I will try to post some more pics (pre-accident) before too long.

mid ohio is one of my all time favorites...
any chance you wiped on turn one... its where ive spun a few times...
(sssh)

Last edited:
Back