Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

My tint. 69% windshield 3M. 33% front sides.

IMG_1636.jpg
[/url] [/IMG]

Do you notice any difference with the windshield tint at all? My main concern is night time visibility, but I would like some UV protection.

There is a very slight difference. For example, night driving doesn't bother me at all and i can drive toward the sunset without it bothering me as much as it used to. Also my AC is always on level one since i got the tint. thats in 90 degree southern cali weather.

I have two questions.
1. Does anyone have experience plasti dipping the front and rear emblems? If so, how did you mask off the emblems? I would imagine you can't take the emblems off and put them back on very easily.

2. Has anyone installed LED headlights and running lights on a CX-5 sport? I hate the stock bulbs.

Thanks guys

I have two questions.
1. Does anyone have experience plasti dipping the front and rear emblems? If so, how did you mask off the emblems? I would imagine you can't take the emblems off and put them back on very easily.

2. Has anyone installed LED headlights and running lights on a CX-5 sport? I hate the stock bulbs.

Thanks guys

I can answer 1- I dipped my front emblem and I did remove the whole emblem. I took off my bumper to install a bug guard in front of my radiator, so since I was there the emblem pops off with tabs. however, it is the long way to dip just an emblem. I'll mask off the back half of the hatch when I do my rear. Just use common sense and mask off any place on the car you don't want over spray on. You can go to a Dollar Store and buy clear sheeting and tape cheaply.

Has anyone installed LED headlights and running lights on a CX-5 sport? I hate the stock bulbs.

I ordered two P13W 11 Watt 360 degrees Cree LED lamps for the DRL in the stock unit, against the Xenon-unit, soon I `ll make some pics.......... (I hate the accessoire with DRL above the foglights......(blarf) )

Last edited:
I can answer 1- I dipped my front emblem and I did remove the whole emblem. I took off my bumper to install a bug guard in front of my radiator, so since I was there the emblem pops off with tabs. however, it is the long way to dip just an emblem. I'll mask off the back half of the hatch when I do my rear. Just use common sense and mask off any place on the car you don't want over spray on. You can go to a Dollar Store and buy clear sheeting and tape cheaply.

You can also get cheap pork and beans there for lunch and midnight snack.

Four door-catcher-bumps on the CX-5, nice detail :

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405504480.495437.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405504496.593974.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405504510.529332.jpg

Verzonden met Iphone 5S

Last edited:
I have two questions.

Thanks guys

I just taped off my emblems for the plastdip, see pics attached. I had debadged the back, but decided to put the AWD emblem back on, just in a different location.

I don't have the LED headlights or fogs, but I did install CREE P13W DRL which did not fit properly so I had to make a minor adjustment to them and use a small hose clamp to keep them in place. I've attached a pic of those too, but it's at night.
iTGZPZtvW8eCn.jpg
iPVgeh1aWrkzK.jpg
ib0NBh8VDjDFvw.jpg
itL3m8LhQP9oX.jpg
iWrFbbCwylZzY.jpg

Djsiva, there are two screws, you'll have to loosen, then the P13W LEDs fits....after that you'll have to tighten the screws again.....

The Crees are just fine ! Next week I'll become the same LEDs for DRL.......

Verzonden met Iphone 5S

I have two questions.
Thanks guys

Just mask around the emblem, apply 3 or 4 plastidip layers, then peel off the area around the emblem not masked

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1405560021.822362.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1405560021.822362.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 609
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1405560048.391092.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1405560048.391092.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 594
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1405560085.890754.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1405560085.890754.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 581
I really like the splitter and diffuser. I saw some on ebay in carbon fiber for 700 dollars. Too rich for my blood!

Looks good. I like the kicks (specs?). Vinyl is a matter of preference. It is def different!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back