Is there an afterlife?

• YES

Votes: 51 50.0%
  • NO

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I'm lost too

Votes: 20 19.6%

• Total voters
You know lara- not like it matters but you just gained a lot of respect from me- I admit to having some preconcieved notions what I thought you believed in-

milmoejoe said:
It makes you wonder, if heaven were to be so great, why aren't more people in a rush to get there
Sniper saying: Dont run, you'll only die tired. lol (dont know why that got brought to mind). Or : It's God's job to judge Bin Laden, it's the Marines job to arrange the meeting.

I am more like a cross between Thelma from Scooby Doo and Laracroft. I like danger, intrigue and getting dirty, yet I'm a dork that always loses (or crushes) her glasses. lol I'm quirky like that.

You know what, lets not even worry about life/death/afterlife/heavean or Hell. Lets just live each day at a time and the heck with the rest. To me, Life makes no damn sense. Nothing is promised, Plans don't always work out the way you want them too, People can easily dissappoint you, and religon just complicate things even worst.

Akaveli said:
You know what, lets not even worry about life/death/afterlife/heavean or Hell. Lets just live each day at a time and the heck with the rest. To me, Life makes no damn sense. Nothing is promised, Plans don't always work out the way you want them too, People can easily dissappoint you, and religon just complicate things even worst.
soooo.... what your sayin is... you wanna go find out and check out early right??? We can arrange that my friend, I always liked experiments....
*wringing hands eeeeeevily* lol

no I said " Lets just live each day at a time and the heck with the rest "

Ive taken many many religous classes. And recently took the time to read the bible from what I understand there is an afterlife. But its not instantaneous. We die the body dies the sould dies and then we are ressurected after armageddon. A lot of religions believe many different things. I personally think everything is possible. Ive seen shows about people who have has visions and dreams like Lara said. The one that really fascinated me was about a young boy. A man died and the boy was born thousands of miles away the same day. years later the child started to reacall certain events in a village. The parents were curious so they went there and the child ran to a house and spoke to the people who lived their by there names with no way of knowing who they were prior to his meeting them that day. It was strange and I myself have had strange things happen.
I once felt that the afterlife you go to live was based upon your belief in what happend after you died. i.e. those who felt they would be ressurected to perfection would be according to their karma. Those who felt they would go to heaven (or hell for that matter) would do so after they passed away...etcetc.
If anyone has seen the Robin Williams movie What Dreams May Come you might better understand what I am talking about.
Im not here to say whats right and whats wrong...but there is one sure thing I can say. We will all find out after we die.

Last edited:
MotegiMazdA said:
....If anyone has seen the Robin Williams movie What Dreams May Come you might better understand what I am talking about.
Im not here to say whats right and whats wrong...but there is one sure thing I can say. We will all find out after we die.
GREAT MOVIE. Very vivid and beautiful colors as well. I liked the part where the guy was like "son, is that you??" when Robin Williams 'Christie' character stepped on his head. lol

Thats one of my favorite movies.

Off topic - I have a few others like 'Dragonfly', all the Indiana Jones Movies *drool*, 'Monthy Python and the Holy Grail', new favorite '50 first dates' (hilarious), 'Happy Gilmore', 'Charlies Angels, Full Throttle' (another hilarious movie), and a few others. I like SciFi and comedies the most. The occasional 'who done it' is great too. I'm not a big fan of action movies or drama or girlie type movies like Beaches and stuff.

Great movie... go watch it. You wont be dissappointed. Ok, back on topic.... sooooo, who's got psycic powers and can move objects with their eyes???? :D lol

I, certainly, hope so. But, "I'm lost too". This used to scare the hell out of me. I often thought: "is this it?" We will all find out sooner or later.

Hell working at the police dept, being in the Marines and living with Ghost was just asking for it... sooner or later. lol I'm not afraid to go. If it's my time, it's my time. But I definetly want to wait a while longer to see my son grow up. But when I DO GO, I want to go out in a blaze of glory. I dont want to get punked on the way out by an old lady driving a Buick, cause I will stick around just to haunt her. I'd make her wear her Depends on her head and put her dentures in her ass instead of gums. lol I think a car accident, dying of a crippling illness and a fire are the WORST ways to go. Whatever it is, I hope it's quick and my loved ones arent around to see it.

njaremka said:
If you believe the bible at all, there is no afterlife.

Ezekiel 18:4 - The soul that is sinning will die (Romans 3:23 - we are all sinners, so we all die)
Ecclesiastes 9:5 - The living are conscious they will die, the dead are conscious of nothing at all
The Bible was written by man therefore it cannot be perfect. Man has misinterpreted the word of God and man has misinterpreted the Bible itself written by man. The Bible is not the word of God but man's interpretation of the word of God. The word of God can be found in the Bible. The Bible cannot be interpreted literally. We can reach the truth with our level of conscience.

We are here for a purpose. If it all ended here, then what's the purpose in life? If it ended when we our body dies, then it is like we never even existed. There is not purpose in that.

UGH this whole topic makes me really think how precious life really is. (sad2)
my favorite quote:
"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today"
I hope there is an afterlife, or something at least.

Funny - people have a tendency not to believe something, just because they can't explain, justify or quantify it. Hello, the universe is bigger than us folks. I guess being egocentric is just in our nature.

actually, in my experience people believe stuff they can't explain, justify, or quantify, like God and an afterlife.

Back