Please Post Your Numbers

We have about 8000 kms now on our CX5. At first I watched the mpg but now don't even think about it cause it's too good. We've had several highway trips getting 42 mpg (I think thats around 6.8L/100Km). Doing the math with an empty tank would give you 516 miles.
In the real world on a 600 km drive, still 1/4 tank on the gauge. The tank is 56 or 58L depending on the model.

In LA traffic, I'm getting around 262 miles per tank lately, I used to get better mileage. It could be the hot weather, I don't know.
Check out, how much it showed today my car:

Attachments

• 20140916_131446.jpg
    20140916_131446.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 2,223
City driving average 10.4L / 100 km.

Usually averaging 500-550km per tank city driving.

2014 awd cx5 2.5 lite engine.

Sorry little off topic, but one thing I notice is the 111 deg temp. Frick it was snowing and raining here a few days ago

I was going to mention that, too! Are you near Death Valley area? It was about 85 cloudy and rainy in SE USA.

I reset my tank EVERY single time I fill up. In the past month I have been getting between 450km - 580km /tank. I do majority city with about 130km highway driving.

I've only been getting about 430 kms with my 2014 Mazda GS CX-5. That's about 40 better than my CRV, but still well short of what I was hoping for. I'd say about 80% of this is city driving, and around 20% highway.

I am hoping to do a trip from Waterloo to Kingston next week, so I will be able to get a sense of how the mileage is on highway driving, but so far my jaw has NOT dropped.

I've heard, and its probably hogwash, that the CX5 can get up to 1000 kilometers on a tank in some situations.

In LA traffic, I'm getting around 262 miles per tank lately, I used to get better mileage. It could be the hot weather, I don't know.
Check out, how much it showed today my car:

This is about what I am averaging in Canada with temperatures just above freezing (ie. 3 degrees centigrade).

If you drive short trips and stop and go traffic, any car will have bad consumption. If you can drive good stretches on freeways/highways, then you can get pretty good consumption. If you take a long trip, then you can get excellent consumption.

On average getting 620km to 670km per tank. 6000k on the clock its fuel economy is getting better as we click up more kms

24 to 31 mpg with an average of 28 mpg (2.5L FWD) is the values reported in the owners survey in www.fuelecononmy.gov. I am getting 27.5 to 28.6 driving easy in a suburban situation. Looks like AC on at 100% lower my mileage by ~ 1 mpg. Very pleased with the CX5 fuel consumption and vehicle overall. Ed

Last edited:
I fill up pretty close to between 1/4 and 1/8 of a tank remaining and routinely get 275 mi (442 km) per tank.

Last edited:
My best is 977 km's and I can always get well north of 600 km's as long as I don't fuel up before the tank gets low.

Last edited:
Bought the GT AWD in March of this year. I have near 14,000KM on it and get around 9.3L per hundred KM. I think that's about 25MPG (US). Come on US, join the rest of the world in metric, whole numbers are easy!

Bought the GT AWD in March of this year. I have near 14,000KM on it and get around 9.3L per hundred KM. I think that's about 25MPG (US). Come on US, join the rest of the world in metric, whole numbers are easy!
President Lyndon Johnson tried to do that 50 years ago. The opposition said it was too hard to learn. [emoji13]

Imperial units make no sense. MPG unit is especially bad because the 1 MPG difference between 20 to 21 is not the same as the 1 MPG difference between 40 and 41. The 'per hundred' in per hundred KM is a bit silly too, only to make the value not as small.
The good news is that little by little metric units are starting to creep in, where engineering value are used. However, the mile, pound, inch and gallon would probably be the holdouts for a long time.

I've only been getting about 430 kms with my 2014 Mazda GS CX-5. That's about 40 better than my CRV, but still well short of what I was hoping for. I'd say about 80% of this is city driving, and around 20% highway.

I am hoping to do a trip from Waterloo to Kingston next week, so I will be able to get a sense of how the mileage is on highway driving, but so far my jaw has NOT dropped.

I've heard, and its probably hogwash, that the CX5 can get up to 1000 kilometers on a tank in some situations.

I had to convert 1000 kilometeres and it equals 621 miles. If you look at my fuelly results, I've went over 600 miles 12 times in the past 30 fill ups. As I said before though, it's not typical and will only happen if you fill it completely up and also get good mpg.

I'll offer another experience - I've had my 2013 for nearly 3 years. Just rolled over 40K miles. It's been the most reliable new car I've ever owned. Though, barely beating out (believe it or not) my 2002 Dodge Neon. Had the Neon in for warranty repairs once, right after purchase. It's been trouble free since. I've yet to drop off the CX-5 for any service, other than LOF.

Getting an average of 10.4 litres / 100km.

99% City driving.

You should easily get 500km per tank. I'm averaging 500-550 city only.

Still better than my old impreza lol.

Back