playing mp3 USB vs CD

D_mazda_5

I got a new 2014 cx-5 , little confused about the USB operation with mp3

I had around 100 songs in the CD in different folders , when i put in the CD it will display the folders and its easy to navigate

when i copy the same songs with folders to the USB it does not show the folders, is there anywya to display the folders and make it easy to navigate

starting from the first song always and skipping through all the songs is not that user friendly

any ideas/clues?

this is a known problem with the 2014. There is no fix at this time. USB will always restart back to the first song.

Secondly there is no browse by folder. The only solution for this is to create M3UEXT formatted playlists, one for each folder. you can then select the playlist you want.

this is a known problem with the 2014. There is no fix at this time. USB will always restart back to the first song.

Secondly there is no browse by folder. The only solution for this is to create M3UEXT formatted playlists, one for each folder. you can then select the playlist you want.

On my 32 GB USB key, I just copied the music I wanted from my Mac's iTunes Music folder. I kept the same folder structure.

Once plugged in the CX-5, I can tap the USB menu button on-screen and browse by artist, album, etc. It's kinda slow but it works (the key takes a while to load each time I start the engine, but I switch the HU to FM while it loads). I did apply the Gracenote update from mazdausa.com/usb, if it helps.

My main beef is sound quality. Even pristine AACs purchased from iTunes Store that play perfectly elsewhere sometimes will break in the CX-5. I can hear small skips on many songs.

Still beats the broken iPod interface that actually plays loud white noise sometimes instead of music. That one sucks HARD. I may complain and have it replaced by the dealer, as the car is barely 1 week old at this point.

Back