Pictures from Tail of the Dragon with the Michiagn Mazda guys

The pics were awesome, now I really wish I could drive out there for the EECMM but alas I'm in WI and the 12 hour drive doesn't sound so fun.

I was just there this past weekend...epic run.

girl with sneakers = fail
stang crossing double yellow = fail

3588024308_77b4fb1af2_o.jpg

Yeah, Ben's a cool guy. I worked with him at the store for a while. Did you guys get to watch him drive through the gap. He's a fast mofo.

He was cool and quick but to be honest didnt run any faster. There was another cat with him in a V6 Mustang with GT parts all over it and a window sticker that said "Powered by faith". He was pretty quick considering... The bimmer sounded like it was working awefully hard. :) The kid in the mustang and the body kit crossing the doubles blamed it on his RWD. We just laughed him off as he had nothing for us considering he was a "local" and had to cheat the road in day light. Kind of a disappointment.

He was cool and quick but to be honest didnt run any faster.

Probably due to the old ass Beemer he's driving now. He's one of the fastest on a bike, or in a car. He used to have a Prelude with suspension, and bolt-ons, and he scared the piss out of me, and I can get through the gap in 11 mins or less. Or at least I could when I worked at the store, lol.

Probably due to the old ass Beemer he's driving now. He's one of the fastest on a bike, or in a car. He used to have a Prelude with suspension, and bolt-ons, and he scared the piss out of me, and I can get through the gap in 11 mins or less. Or at least I could when I worked at the store, lol.

Thats impressive, what were you driving doing 11min runs? I really dont know how quick we were running, it seemed quick but i know it could have been faster if i used a gear other than 3rd.

People will always do it. We do if we run at night because there are no blind turns. during the day there is no excuse and truthfully no reason to "cheat" as we call it. :)

I have video of our fastest lap at 11:23 Matt. Lucky run at dusk with no traffic going down the dragon.

damn, i still have to see that video. Have you seen any of Rays?

yeah, i was gonna comment on the stang crossing the double yellow, but there were atleast two or three pics of bikes crossing as well.

when we were watching cars there was tons of people going over the double yellow. I see by some of the pics I was on the yellow, oops.

Thats impressive, what were you driving doing 11min runs? I really dont know how quick we were running, it seemed quick but i know it could have been faster if i used a gear other than 3rd.

lol, I drove a few different cars, and bikes. A 05 Suzuki SV650S (modified), a Kawasaki EX-500, a Dodge Neon Coupe, and a Mitsubishi Mirage. The Mirage was around 12 min, the Neon was in the 11's, and on both the bikes under 11.

I have driven/ridden that road hundreds of times. Literally.

edit; My avatar is me chasing down a R1 on the EX500 (half the displacement, less than half the HP). He had no chance, lol. Also out ran a Viper on that bike.

On or over?

I think there was one pic with him over the line.

Last edited:
lol, I drove afew different cars, and bikes. A 05 Suzuki SV650S (modified), a Kawasaki EX-500, a Dodge Neon Coupe, and a Mitsubishi Mirage. The Mirage was around 12 min, the Neon was in the 11's, and on both the bikes under 11.

I have driven/ridden that road hundreds of times. Literally.

edit; My avatar is me chasing down a R1 on the EX500. He had no chance, lol. Also out ran a Viper on that bike.

i'm not sure when would be the next time i get down there after eecmm next weekend..

I really don't go anymore. After the influx of tourist the place has gone down the crapper. You used to be able to get through there in the middle of the summer on a sunny, mid-day Saturday with only a couple cars holding you up, and they would pull over. Now it's a crusier/tourist/police parade lap and no one will pull off. It's as if their egos won't allow it or something. Back when it was mostly sportscars and sportbikes it was way more fun. And there's so many great roads around here I just go to my backroads close to home.

I noticed come friday and especially saturday theres a lot of traffic on the dragon, some people still pull over to let you buy but no Harley will ever let you pass their slow asses. Luckily most roads in that area are great, I really enjoyed the skyway and there was very little traffic there.

won't be cheating when someone dies..given the volume of traffic on that road and blind hairpins.

the day before we got there...some guy high sided off his bike...off the mtn=DEAD.
the day we got there..some guy low sided off the mtn and a M3 went off the side.

On that road..its a everyday thing. Last weekend was "Z-days" and there were bunch of GT-R's...and some sick Z's...I was following a few and none ever crossed the double yellow.
its just something you DON'T do. Its not a race...

if you're going 40mph and the bike on the other side is doing 40mph..its a 80MPH HEAD on collision. GAME OVER!

I noticed come friday and especially saturday theres a lot of traffic on the dragon, some people still pull over to let you buy but no Harley will ever let you pass their slow asses. Luckily most roads in that area are great, I really enjoyed the skyway and there was very little traffic there.

+1 on that. Usually...a lot of harley's won't watch their mirrors...some do and let you pass :)

Hey, great pics, and thanks for sharing! I was just there a month ago, but it feels like forever already. Cannot tell you how tempted I am to try & make EECMM for like, a day. I swear I could do it without missing any work. Sure, I could.

Curious... the one shot with the biker riding away in a wheelie... looks like a double exposure. Were you shooting on film, or digital? Never seen that happen on digital. Either way, cool effect.

Its digital I just overlapped two photos in photoshop, thats about as far as my photoshop skills go lol

Back