Creaking noise heard from front passenger seat (2016 CX-5)

My 2016 CX-5 recently started to develop a weird creaking sound, coming from the interior. Its heard around the front passenger area, near the dash. Sounds like something could be rubbing?
I read on this forum of another person that had this exact issue. The person posted a video of the noise, the link is here: Mazda CX 5 creaking sound. My car is making a very similar noise to this.

I've read that tightening the bolts on the cowl plate could help. Should I start there?

My 2016 CX-5 recently started to develop a weird creaking sound, coming from the interior. Its heard around the front passenger area, near the dash. Sounds like something could be rubbing?
I read on this forum of another person that had this exact issue. The person posted a video of the noise, the link is here: Mazda CX 5 creaking sound. My car is making a very similar noise to this.

I've read that tightening the bolts on the cowl plate could help. Should I start there?
has this been resolved? I saw your youtube video & mine is making the EXACT NOISE!!! It drives me nuts!

Did you look into the cowl bolts? It's usually that

Yea I did actually. Had nothing to do with the cowl bolts. It's hard to describe, but there metal underneath the ceiling, above the passenger seat that was rubbing against something. The mechanic took literally 5 minutes to fix.

Back