paddle shift on CX-5

Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
Parts I've used for my 2016 paddle shift install.

D10J-V7-480 (Steering wheel rear cover, w/paddle shift)
K015-V7-481 (Wire harness, clock spring to start/stop unit)
BHT1-66-3P0 (Paddle switch)
BNK8-66-4M2 (Wire harness, w/cruise control, w/paddle shifters)
9YA0-11-007 (Steering wheel bolt)
GJS2-32-750 (Paddle switch screws)

So will the above part#'s work for vehicles with ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL?

My 2016 has Adaptive Cruise Control and the part numbers I've listed works on my car.

25448615384_5cb0e4591d_o.jpg

You live pretty close to me, I'm in Arcadia.
I want those styles. I will get them, after I understand how they are installed.
Could you please elaborate on how they are installed? I have to take the switches apart?
From where did you get them and for how much?
Currently, I have some cheap Ebay ones, which I don't like.

You live pretty close to me, I'm in Arcadia.
I want those styles. I will get them, after I understand how they are installed.
Could you please elaborate on how they are installed? I have to take the switches apart?
From where did you get them and for how much?
Currently, I have some cheap Ebay ones, which I don't like.

You do not need to take the switches apart. They are installed by first removing the hinge pins on the stock paddles, transfer spring/plastic inserts from within the stock paddles to Kenstyle paddles, insert back to the stock paddle base and reinsert the hinge pins.

Purchase mine from Japanparts. Link: https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/48298

Thanks, now I see how it is replaced. No need to take things apart, that is good.
I know about that thread, I said that they look perfect.
Next month, I will have to move out, so I can't order it now, but in May I will get them.

Last edited:
Sorry to keep beating this dead horse, but I am in hopes someone else has run across what I have and can tell me if I am safe to buy a part or not. So, I found a paddle shift kit for the CX-3 online. It's all OEM Mazda parts shipped from Japan for what is in IMO a fair price. It is listed as including three different part numbers:

- D10J-V7-480 (Mounting Kit) - I know this works on the CX-5 as I've read above.
- BNK8-66-4M2 (Harness) - Ditto, also already covered in this thread.
and...
- D09H-66-3P0 (Steering Shift Switch) - This is where the mystery begins. I'm pretty much sure it's the actual paddles and sub-harness for the steering wheel controls (equivalent to BHT1-66-3P0) but specifically for the Japanese market Mazda Demio/CX-3. But, I haven't been able to find a lick of info that confirms my theory. I would REALLY appreciate the insight of any forum members who have the knowledge of or have run across this part number. Thanks!

GJS2-66-3P0B PADDLE SWITCH, BNK8-66-4M2 WIRE, 9YA0-11-003A SWITCH ASSY BOLT, GJS2-32-750 PADDLE SWITCH SCREW. These are, what I have ordered from Mazda parts factor, for my 2014 CX5. The rear cover, it was this one( https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) ) that I have picked it up from the bay.

I'm beginning to believe that mazda has changed the design on the rear covers and that ones available state side will actually work for the paddle shift mod. I think it was the mazda6 one that I was looking at that looked identical to the one I installed. If anyone is interested I have extra wiring harnesses from my install. I was sent two of each of the harnesses, one that goes into the harness in the wheel and the one that connects in the steering column area. As far as I can tell they are identical to the ones I installed so I'd be willing to sell them to someone if they can find the back plate and the actual paddles.

Back