Pad Replacement

I haven't seen anything for the 9 yet.. If Hawk has a HPS or Ceramic pads for our fitment, I would definitely go with them. I have had nothing but good experiences with Hawk pads.

Hawk doesn't make anything for the CX9, just like every other parts company. Gosh, it's only in it's third model year.

I will probably go with the Duralast Cmax or Satisfied Pro pads.

I'm a big fan of Porterfield brake pads ever since I bought a set of them for my Nissan. Much better than the stock Brembo pads and a lot less dust. Don't know if they make anything for the CX-9 or not. My guess is not...

Fronts only, and too expensive. I can get Ceramic Satisfied Pros for under $100 for the entire set. And the online reviews say they are more linear, quieter, and less dusty than the originals.

Man, this is the third time I've gone through this: I bought a 2001 PT Cruiser and there were no pads for almost 2 years, I bought a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT and it took almost 2 years to get a performance pad (and the OEM ceramic pads were probably the best) and now the CX-9 too?

Are the OEM pads ceramic? I have 14,000 miles on mine and there is almost no brake dust in the wheels each week. I gotta love that!

Need front brakes, none of the local brake repair companys have anything yet. This may be difficult.

Back