Outside mirror folding

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
2021 CX-5 Reserve model with auto in folding mirrors. I canceled the automatic feature and I am unable to revert to the auto folding function. I followed, I think, to the letter in the manual to no joy. Suggestions?

You're probably hitting one of the buttons wrong. I kept hitting the front window button instead of the rear window button when disabling it. Pay close attention to the buttons on the drivers door.

The rules were quite explicit. Ignition on, Lock window switch, hold down front passenger and both rear window switches. Just no JOY yet

Sounds like you have the process right, so I can’t help with why it’s not working. There is supposed to be a setting to enable/disable Automatic Folding mirrors through the Mazda Connect vehicle settings, but it’s not there on my ‘21 Signature so I’m guessing they missed enabling that when they finalized the model specific settings.

I’ll add this to the ever growing list of software programming shortfalls. They’re all pretty minor things, but it’s disappointing how many things have left missing or poorly implemented that even 1 day of half decent user testing process would have identified. Many of these are not new for ‘21 and I have to assume have been brought to light many times, if Mazda actually looks at the details of owner surveys. So either they don’t look or don’t care enough to improve the small details. They got so many things right, it’s unfortunate that they didn’t do a better job of user testing before putting things into production to fix these types of issues.

Contact the dealer and have them walk you through the process over the phone. If by following their process, the auto-folding function is still not enabled, that would be a warranty issue, and you would book an appt with the person you already have on the phone.

The YouTube method is different than the one in my 2021 digital manual for the restore method. Ed

Back