Official 2011 Mazda5 Thread

I think seating configurations are all very similar to the existing 5. The seating doesn't look tighter to me at all. Only the room behind the back row seems different. For me, this would not be a problem.

hasen,

That's a sad story... No 2011 M5.... I bought (don't laught, ok?!!!) a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT for 1000$, cause I had to return my M5 lease in February 2010. I said to myself: until the new model comes out sometimes early 2011, I will have a piece of sh... to drive till then. But now, it seems I will have to wait much longuer if I still want this new model of M5.... Man... This did not make my day!!!

^^ Who knows, it might still make it for Canada. I see models there I no longer see here (dunno), (i.e. KIA Rondo disappeared in the US for 2010, but still sold in Canada). Or others that made it there but never made it here (i.e. Acura CSX, MB B 200)

Also, check the MS3 tech package, many things were already available on the 2010 Canadian model

There might be hope ;)

hasen,

That's a sad story... No 2011 M5.... I bought (don't laught, ok?!!!) a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire GT for 1000$, cause I had to return my M5 lease in February 2010. I said to myself: until the new model comes out sometimes early 2011, I will have a piece of sh... to drive till then. But now, it seems I will have to wait much longuer if I still want this new model of M5.... Man... This did not make my day!!!

As previously mentioned, the news was from Mazda USA, and has no real bearing on Canada. If I had to guess, Canada will still see a 2011 M5.

The USA push out is probably a marketing decision. My theory is that they are waiting for the Sky-D to be ready and then introduce the all new 2012 M5 at 42 MPG with much fan fare. I would hope they can get this together mid-2011 to get a jump on competition and to keep from having to manufacture the old style for any longer than necessary. This is all pure speculation on my part, though, and could be just as true as 2+2=5.

As previously mentioned, the news was from Mazda USA, and has no real bearing on Canada. If I had to guess, Canada will still see a 2011 M5.

The USA push out is probably a marketing decision. My theory is that they are waiting for the Sky-D to be ready and then introduce the all new 2012 M5 at 42 MPG with much fan fare. I would hope they can get this together mid-2011 to get a jump on competition and to keep from having to manufacture the old style for any longer than necessary. This is all pure speculation on my part, though, and could be just as true as 2+2=5.
Sky-D would be very nice but the US will prob get the Sky-G engine, which is about 10-20% more efficient than the current gasoline engine. Diesel doesn't seem to do well in the US and the added mark up would put the Mz5 out of the car's target price/demographic. I do hope Sky-D gets here and is an option.

Well Globe & Mail says Canada will get a all new 2011 m5 and i asked my local dealer and he also confirmed w will be getting the 2011 m5. He says Nov.

So i don't think its a problem for Canada.(idhitit)

I think its the US who won't see a M5 as they are probably following KIA who also is suppose to stop selling the Rondo in the US.

Maybe a US gouverment thing to help FORD out with there C-MAX...monopoly ? Ban the rest...no competition....lol

2011 Mazda Premacy (Japan). Pics in the wild

Found some non-enhanced pics in carview.co.jp. The blue is the one that is not really my cup of tea. As per the rest, oh well, no surprise with the curls and the grin ;)

Attachments

• 2011_Mazda_Premacy_Japan_Graphite.jpg
    2011_Mazda_Premacy_Japan_Graphite.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 2011_Mazda_Premacy_Japan_Interior.jpg
    2011_Mazda_Premacy_Japan_Interior.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 2011_Mazda_Premacy_Japan_Light_Blue.jpg
    2011_Mazda_Premacy_Japan_Light_Blue.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 264
  • 2011_Mazda_Premacy_Japan_White.jpg
    2011_Mazda_Premacy_Japan_White.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 266
  • 2011_Mazda_Premacy_Japan_Silver.jpg
    2011_Mazda_Premacy_Japan_Silver.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 260
Found some non-enhanced pics in carview.co.jp. The blue is the one that is not really my cup of tea. As per the rest, oh well, no surprise with the curls and the grin ;)
Well, I'm looking forward to seeing this in person. I don't mind the swoopy lines and the big grin doesn't seem that bad either. I do have some issue with the tail lights. The proportions look really off in that first picture. I wish they would have kept the tall lights. I actually like the 06/07 lights best. I'm probably in the minority here., though.

They could've easily revived the MPV tail lights, that would've looked the best IMO. I don't think the new tails are ugly either, just bland.

All-New Mazda Premacy Proves Popular in Japan

- First-month orders more than four times the monthly sales target; 80 percent of customers choose i-stop -

HIROSHIMA, JapanMazda Motor Corporation today announced that it has received 7,240 orders for the all-new Mazda Premacy during its first month of sales in Japan. This result, achieved in the one month between the July 1 sales launch and August 1, 2010, is over four times the monthly sales target of 1,800 units. The all-new Mazda Premacy is a versatile and uniquely functional seven-seat minivan known overseas as the Mazda5.

Exceeding initial expectations, 80 percent of the orders have been for models with i-stop, Mazdas unique idling stop system. The i-stop system is standard equipment on front-wheel drive 20E and 20S model grades.

Most buyers have been people in their thirties or forties who have families with young children. Customer feedback indicates that the main reasons for choosing the Premacy are its stylish exterior which is based on Mazdas Nagare design language, excellent eco-friendly features such as i-stop, highly flexible seating arrangements, and its driver-friendly handling.

By model grade, the FWD 20S has been most popular, making up 55 percent of total orders. Its features include sporty exterior parts, i-stop and discharge headlights.

The most popular exterior colors have been Aluminium Metallic, the featured color Clear Water Blue Metallic, and Crystal White Pearl Mica. The most preferred factory-installed options have been power sliding doors, chosen by 85 percent of customers, and the rear view camera, selected by 45 percent of customers.

Mazdas managing executive officer in charge of domestic business, Nobuhide Inamoto, said, We are quite pleased that the all-new Mazda Premacy has attracted so many orders and far exceeded our sales plan. We expect that its popularity, and the high demand for Mazdas unique i-stop idling stop system, will continue to drive our sales in Japan.

[Mazda]

^^ Nice, all the popular items that we don't get on these shores (yupnope)

I wonder if they have headlight washers to wash the "discharge" off of them. That's nasty.

ha ha, good one.

Really though, HID's are for the birds. My standard projector lamps on the 07 are the brightest I've ever seen and when the brights are on its like day light.

i will agree on the brights... but the low beams are not that bright. my p5 had brighter lights. i want hids on my 5.

and there will be no new 5 here for 2011. maybe a thread title change?

I think they modified the document on the mazdausamedia.com page as here is what it says now about the Mazda 5:

The 2010 MAZDA5 will see a late stop to production. An all-new 2012 model will be introduced in early 2011.

Not sure if that impacts us in Canada, but at least the US won't be waiting until 2012 for the new model.

I will quickly trade in my 2006 Mazda5 if the 2011/2 model comes with iStop. If not, I may hold on for a year anyway.

I think they modified the document on the mazdausamedia.com page as here is what it says now about the Mazda 5:

The 2010 MAZDA5 will see a late stop to production. An all-new 2012 model will be introduced in early 2011.

Not sure if that impacts us in Canada, but at least the US won't be waiting until 2012 for the new model.

I will quickly trade in my 2006 Mazda5 if the 2011/2 model comes with iStop. If not, I may hold on for a year anyway.
It seems they did change the document.
BEFORE:
The 2010 MAZDA5 will see a late stop to production. With an all-new model coming in 2012, there will be no 2011 MAZDA5.

AFTER:

Now it sounds like we will be seeing the new model come to the US, but I wonder why they are delaying the release to early 2011 (or should I say pushing it up from 2012?). iStop would be a nice feature for some but I really hope it has DI standard.

^^ After my experience (from hell) with Honda's variable cylinder management, I don't want anything screwing with the performance of the engine to save a tiny amount of gas. Be careful what you all wish for. What happens if, like Honda, Mazda can't make the iStop seamless? Many will hate it, sell the cars, and swear off Mazda for life, much like I did with Honda over their dog crap VCM scam. I'm happy with a fuel efficient engine that runs all the time. Speaking of which, can you imagine how short the life of the M5 starter will be? Doesn't the engine stop completely?

The genius of the i-Stop is that it does not use the starter to restart the engine. Apparently it parks a piston at the top of the cylinder ready for detonation. A restart simply requires a spark.

Now it sounds like we will be seeing the new model come to the US, but I wonder why they are delaying the release to early 2011 (or should I say pushing it up from 2012?).

Rules about model year sales dictate when a new vehicle can be sold.

A particular model year cannot be sold more than one calendar year before that date ie: a 2011 model vehicle may not be offered for sale before January 2010. If Mazda does not want a delay in offering new Mazda5's, then the 2010 model must be produced until the end of 2010, when the 2012 model may be offered for sale (Jan 2011).

Back