Official 2011 Mazda5 Thread

I thought GT meant Grand Touring..now I'm confused

It does, but that doesn't mean the Canadian GT ("Grand Touring") has anything to do with the feature set of the US Grand Touring model. The point is that the Canadian GT has a feature set roughly equivalent to the US Touring trim level.

Just took a closer look of the so call "7th" seat... I think it is a good idea too... now I will have more place to put the food, and make myself fatter. (couch)

Any ideas when the 2011 Mazda5 is due in showrooms. I've been pondering a 2010 Mazda5 - my current lease expires in October I think. Cheers.

I would think that the 2011 would be in the showroom by then... I bought one of the last 2009 in October ("liquidation") here in Montreal, Canada.

US?

Might be October-December. The Mazda5 model is always "late", except the 06, which showed up at dealers around Jun 05 IIRC...

So, there's a new press release talking about the SKY-G engine and i-stop coming to North America in 2011.

Can that be read as 2011 model year, 2010 calendar year? Or is there no hope of that? I really want the improved MPG and the 7th seat, but waiting is painful.

I don't see anywhere the i-stop mentioned, but for the i-stop and 7th seat, I just don't see how it will make it here :(

i-stop has not passed the strict pollution standards and the 7th seat did not pass the NHTSA standards since 2005. The new Mazda5 does have the same 7th seat design (Karakuri) as the current model I believe

As for the SKY-G and SKY-D engines with SKY-Drive transmissions, I read that the next gen Mazda6 will have it first (yes the next after the one we have today) and those engines cannot be "retrofitted" in any of the current models.

I've have the sense that the 2.5L used for the current Mazda6 and Mazda3 will be the lucky one...

Now, I am kind of looking forward for the Ford S-Max to be sold here... the EcoBoost 2.0 is making 200hp... sound good to me... if this engine is available here in the state...

I don't see how the Karakuri will not get approved when the Highlander has a removable 7th seat and Sienna has a removable 8th seat. The C-Max will have a removable 7th seat.

Man I just can't do that smiley face. The rest of the car is very nice, the still photo's didn't do it justice. The ass end is really good looking after all.

I'm still wondering if they will consider putting clear lenses in the back, like they did for American market, compared to Euro market? What's your point of view on that?

b36df45fde612b17bd57c37095419093.jpg

Mazda 8(New MPV?) from Beijin Auto Show

Last edited:
Did people hear about the official release of the new Mz 5 2011 in North America yet? Was wondering if they where to release it in the summer of 2010 or by the end of the year instead..

Did people hear about the official release of the new Mz 5 2011 in North America yet? Was wondering if they where to release it in the summer of 2010 or by the end of the year instead..

I read July 1 for Japan but not until sometime in 2011 for NA.

I read July 1 for Japan but not until sometime in 2011 for NA.

My local Mazda dealer (PA) said they should be getting it around Aug/Sept this year. I'm waiting to test drive it and compare to the 2010s.

I've never head of any manufacturer actually selling a car's model year the year it is schedule; this would leave them a smaller window to sell. For example, starting to sell a '2011 Mazda 5' in say Feb 2011 only gives them 11 months to sell it. They always sell months ahead, typically fall/late fall, so have a longer window. Also, selling sooner gives you market advantage. They may hold back the release date if there is something wrong -hopefully they've heard enough complains on the design!?

Silentnoise,

You must be right...

On top of it, a friend of mine also owns a 5 and has rims, rear itch, roof mount for his canoe, etc... He was wondering about the specs of the 2011 model, to see if all his equipment would fit on the redesigned model or if he should get a 2010 instead..

I also have 16" rims for winter so hopefully, I did not buy them for only a few years and then get screwed being caught with different bolt patterns with the 2011....

Back