OEM Future parts availability for Mazda 2.2L Skyactiv-D Engine

What's your best and worst tanks of fuel in the CX-5?
I don't "track it" so to speak. I'd say about 38.5 mpg best ever on an all highway trip and maybe 31 mpg on the low end (towing 17.5 mpg).

Overall all inclusive is 32.5 mpg

I don't "track it" so to speak. I'd say about 38.5 mpg best ever on an all highway trip and maybe 31 mpg on the low end (towing 17.5 mpg).

In other words the real world MPG on US version Mazda CX-5 2.2D diesel is much better than EPA fuel economy rating like it’s supposed to be.

EPA Fuel Economy Ratings for 2019 Mazds CX-5 2.2L diesel:
28 city / 31 hwy / 29 MPG combined.

I wonder how did Mazda North American Operations screw up the EPA fuel economy testing and got such poor ratings?

In other words the real world MPG on US version Mazda CX-5 2.2D diesel is much better than EPA fuel economy rating like it’s supposed to be.

EPA Fuel Economy Ratings for 2019 Mazds CX-5 2.2L diesel:
28 city / 31 hwy / 29 MPG combined.

I wonder how did Mazda North American Operations screw up the EPA fuel economy testing and got such poor ratings?

It's amazing how the efficiency changes as the DPF fills up. After a fresh regen, I'll easily get 40+mpg on my work commute and when it's about full of soot, it's down in the mid 30's on the same route.

I have no idea of the epa rating test procedure but maybe something with the regeneration cycle skewd their epa numbers? Just a guess. Idunno nuttin' bout it.

I reset the B meter awhile back and it currently shows 33.0 mpg for the last 8153 miles (which includes everything ... some towing, people/equipment hauling, considerable idling / low speed as I inspect some work sites)

IMG_20230629_132124.jpg

I'm happy with the efficiency.

Better than advertised. Range wise, what’s it like? Advertised it’s 429miles I believe. What’s your best and worst?

In other words the real world MPG on US version Mazda CX-5 2.2D diesel is much better than EPA fuel economy rating like it’s supposed to be. EPA Fuel Economy Ratings for 2019 Mazds CX-5 2.2L diesel: 28 city / 31 hwy / 29 MPG combined. I wonder how did Mazda North American Operations screw up the EPA fuel economy testing and got such poor ratings?

Lawyer up :) remember VW
better safe the sorry, I am guessing.

Back