OEM all weather mats vs. Weathertech

LarryB78

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD + Tech
curious if anyone has any feedback/experience with these, definitely wanting the rubber mats for those NY winters just not sure which way to go

The oem rubber mats only cover the floor whereas the weathertechs are floor liners and offer much more protection up the sides of the foot well. I would go with weathertechs or something similar like husky liners or Aries/3D floor liners, they just offer better protection all around. I went with the weathertechs and really like them

The OEM's are just ok. The Weathertech mats are far deeper and will handle slush and melting snow 100x better.

Got my OEM rubber mats thrown in with the deal. They seem to be fine and work ok but I am not a messy person ( hit my feet together before moving them inside car). I think it would depend on the harsh environment a person has to deal with.

I had WeatherTech with a Honda Civic I once owned. They are certainly effective and cover the floors well; precision fitted.

With my CX-5 I decided to go with the OEM, and I have been completely satisfied. They are also precision fitted, and cover the areas that need to be covered. With a 15% discount the dealer had in place at the time, I saved about half the cost of WT. I liked them enough that I went back and bought the liner for the cargo area, and am quite satisfied with that, too. However, if I lived in an area with lots of slush and snow, the more pronounced lip of the WT mats might make more sense.

I like my OEM mats. The obvious oversight is the dead pedal, which is not covered. Passenger side is very good.
As others have mentioned, they cover the floor, not the sides. They are easy to clean and take out.

I have the OEM ones and I find them to be lacking specifically the dead pedal on the drivers side AND the middle hump in the rear is unprotected. Both Husky and Weathertech address those 2 weak spots.

The Canadian OEM ones cover those areas too
Seeing as the USDM OEM rubber mats are expensive already, I'd go with something better

Any other sources for the Canadian oem ones? Amazon is currently unavailable

I have Mazda OEM rubber all-weather "floor mats" but they cover not as much area as other [SUB][/SUB]"floor liners". Many floor liners are not made of rubber although they should be water-proof. According to this long 17-page thread with 248 posts,

All Weather Mats...Which?

this Canadian Mazda OEM "Premium" floor liners are the best and some Amazon seller was selling them before in the US:
sorry, missed your question
on the mazda canada website, http://www.mazda.ca/MciWeb/buildPrice.action , build your own, it lists 3 types
FLOOR LINERS $210.00
FLOOR MATS - ALL WEATHER MATS - $150.00
PREMIUM FLOOR LINERS - 1ST ROW - $175.00
PREMIUM FLOOR LINERS - 2ND ROW - $129.00

we had all weather types in other vehicles, but still got some carpet damage, so decided to go big this time LOL
attachment.php
-----
attachment.php

driver side - pedal view-----driver floor view
attachment.php

front passenger
attachment.php
------
attachment.php

rear passenger--------rear passenger - full across (one piece)
the colour matches the vehicle interior (blk leather) although the pics don't really show it on the front ones due to the phone flash
they're installed, stock carpet mats pulled -you can see the grommet type things on the front pics
depth is 2" for the front ones, 3" for the rear piece
like i said in orig post - a little pricey compared to some but we threw them in as part of overall pillaging negotiations :)
btw - we considered both the husky liners and the spider ones too
and prices really suck here for most accessories, especially if you get them from US firm and pay the exchange on top
sorry - no part no.

WeatherTech floor liners are expensive and offer only a half of dead pedal coverage with other flaws:
The Weathertech are great in every aspect... Except for one thing. They didn't raise the plastic to prevent dirt from filling the base of the throttle pedal. Stupid flaw.
I couldn't agree more. I purchased the Weather Tech liners because I've had great experiences in the past, but how they designed the liner by the gas pedal is a HUGE flaw. We park on a slight incline and any water held in by the liner, drains right into the gas pedal area flooding the carpet underneath. If there is any standing water on the mat, eventually it will flow into that area which does not have a lip.....completely useless.

Aries/3D StyleGuard floor liners are popular but they changed the design recently and now are having similar problem like WeatherTech:
Well I just received my 3D maxpider Kuga liners today and once again I am disappointed. It appears that I either got mats that were miss cut or they changed the design of the drivers side liner. I went with the 3D's over the weathertech because of the extra "lip" near the gas pedal. figured it capture a bit more winter gunk and what not but the liner I received did not have the lip like all the pictures show and what other members picture show. I'm in contact with U-ACE as we speak trying to figure it out. If it is a design change, I don't know if I should keep the weathertechs or the 3D's. The 3D fits better all around the edges but as zero lip at the gas pedal, it also covers the whole dead pedal. The Weathertechs fit much poorer then expected, only cover half the dead pedal but so have a small lip at the gas pedal area.

Here's some pics of the 3D mat missing the lip:
attachment.php
I actually have a set of the Aries mats sitting in the basement right now. They are exactly the same as the 3D ones I had previously ordered. The lip by the gas pedal has been removed on the Aries as well. I suspect they are produced by the same factory over seas. The one plus the Aries mat has going for it is it states a lifetime warranty for the mats. I called their tech support to ask about the design change and am waiting to hear back from them. They have kind of crapoy customer service. The guy said he needed to call the warehouse and check with them on something, took my number, said he'd call me back later, never did. I've also sent several emails to them with now response.

Love my aries ones. I had weathertech in my other car and it was slippery when it got wet, and the edges curled up after a couple of years.

svM0KMUl.jpg
1Un018ol.jpg

Thanks for the input guys - as it turns out I made enough noise about delays in picking up the car that they gave me the OEM mats for nothing, so I guess for free we'll see how they do!

I have both the OEM mats and the WT. For winter, with the snow, slush and especially salt, they cover more of the floor. The only area that gets really dirty is by the gas cap cover release. When my wife got a Mazda3, I didn't even bother with the OEM's. In the winter she has the WT mats and the rest of the year we use the carpeted mats that came with the car.

I got the OEM rubber mats because they were cheap ($70 for all four) and I live in Southern California where all we get is some rain during the winter and sunny rest of the year.
They are decent and should get the job done. I wish the rear mats had some sort of latch or connector like the front seat mats so they stay in place better. Since the mats came rolled up, the sides are kind of floating above the floor. I've put a bunch of water bottles on the mats to keep 'em down until they straighten out.

Love my aries ones. I had weathertech in my other car and it was slippery when it got wet, and the edges curled up after a couple of years.

svM0KMUl.jpg
1Un018ol.jpg

Ooooo I like those! Where can I get them?

I was willing to pay more for the WT. Livingbin NE PA, tgey made more sense to me as they have the higher sides. Considered the Aries as well.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Anyone know if 2015 cx5 OEM matts would fit my 2016? Found an add in Craigslist around me for 2015 cx5 OEM rubber matts for $20. All four.

Anyone know if 2015 cx5 OEM matts would fit my 2016? Found an add in Craigslist around me for 2015 cx5 OEM rubber matts for $20. All four.
They're all the same. Just make sure the black color on the OEM all-weather mats hasn't faded into gray as this's the issue for some earlier production.

Back