noob tunning with cobb ap

dyin_hawaiian

:
2006 Red mazdaspeed6
so im getting my cobb ap here soon and i wanted to know what to monitor after i flash it.
i dont know all the acronyms so if someone could point me in the right directions i would be super grateful.

list your mods so we can help you pick a map. then if you want i or anyone here can help you out. Your first goal will be to read the help file loaded into ATR. there is a description of each and every important table including what changes do.
(Page 4 of the help file gives you a description of the important things to log.)
if you need any help feel free to pm me.

I myself am waiting for some things in the mail, followed by a Cobb ap and a carted dp. In Canada, the best we can do is 91octane (nb anyways) so I'm
Hoping this will
Help

Hey Nate, I am in Vancouver Canada, and we have 94 at Chevron!

Zinger's got the idea, get the ATR software and read through the help file, it will give you a much better understanding of what you are doing!

Ah ...right ..you can't link to *that* forum from here....Just Google "Abilor's Tuning Guide" and its the first one on the list.

................ Knock Retard (knock=ping=detonation=bad. Anything < 2 is no worries but higher than that is an issue), ..........

Hmmmm... my cobb detects knock anywhere from 0 to 5 on a regular basis, and occasionally i hit in the 7's. But my car doesn't seem to be knocking, im pretty sure a "7" knock is the engine exploding out from under the hood.... which I would have likely noticed. Any ideas what may be causing this? ( this was pre-turbo upgrade.... my BNR stage 3 is in the works now.... so Id like to fix this before its done)

Sorry to jack your thread OP...

Latest posts

Back